Recent Items 4.3 beta 2 for Alfred 4: Finder Recent Items

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the great workflow, it's the most helpful one I found so far for alfred.

However, I have an issue with calling up recent folders.

It's not the same list as in Finder-> Go -> Recent folders, but somewhat closer to creating a smart folder with options to search recently modified/ opened folders...

I am using Finder in column view, and the smart folder approach is known not working well with it. I need to deliberately double click a folder to make it appear in smart folder..

Is it possible to make the workflow calling the finder's recent folders list directly?

Jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this most useful workflow, it saves a lot of time! I have a small issue (Alfred 3.1.1, OS X 10.11.6), I have changed some keywords, e.g. I use ".fav" for accessing favorites. It seems that this makes some of the functions not work as intended, e.g. when adding or removing a favorite the list of favorites is intended to show but instead just "rec Favorites ➣" is shown, not the list. Any easy way to fix this?

Edited by cands
On 23/09/2016 at 5:02 AM, mbigras said:

Just downloaded this workflow! Another great one from you Carlos-Sz, thanks for all your hard work :) so many thumbs up!

On 24/09/2016 at 7:04 PM, jakekei said:

Thanks for the great workflow, it's the most helpful one I found so far for alfred.

However, I have an issue with calling up recent folders.

It's not the same list as in Finder-> Go -> Recent folders, but somewhat closer to creating a smart folder with options to search recently modified/ opened folders...

I am using Finder in column view, and the smart folder approach is known not working well with it. I need to deliberately double click a folder to make it appear in smart folder..

Is it possible to make the workflow calling the finder's recent folders list directly?

Jake

It's not possible because Finder does not have an AppleScript command for that.

On 15/10/2016 at 11:52 PM, Cunning_Stunts said:

I'm having trouble with the recent Downloads feature. Gets stuck on loading and the script runs wild in the background. Tried reinstalling - didn't help. Any suggestions?

On 05/11/2016 at 8:37 AM, Zee said:

I'm having the same issue as @Cunning_Stunts. Use the feature daily, if anyone has any suggestions, would be very much appreciated. Thanks

I have made a test with the current version for Alfred 3 (4.2) and it seems to be working fine.

I'll make more tests but note that the workflow depends on Spotlight and, sometimes, it may be a good idea to delete the workflow and install it again. Note, however, that you will lose your customization.

Finally, make sure to update Alfred 3 and use version 4.2 of the workflow.

3 hours ago, cands said:

Thanks for this most useful workflow, it saves a lot of time! I have a small issue (Alfred 3.1.1, OS X 10.11.6), I have changed some keywords, e.g. I use ".fav" for accessing favorites. It seems that this makes some of the functions not work as intended, e.g. when adding or removing a favorite the list of favorites is intended to show but instead just "rec Favorites ➣" is shown, not the list. Any easy way to fix this?

There is not easy way to do that. I'd have to change some scripts.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...