Recent Items 4.3 beta 2 for Alfred 4: Finder Recent Items

Just want to confirm that 4.1 works for me. Had same problem with not finding plist file with 4.0.

As by now the linked file on first post is not 4.1. Maybe you could update the link?

Thank you very much for that great workflow and the cool upgrades.

+1.

Was in the same situation as emai. Had to scroll all the pages of this thread + install the workflow a second time because the link in the first post was not updated.

Gave me the opportunity to rediscover how this workflow is FANTASTIC  :)

Done! Thanks. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Would be nice to have this workflow in Packal for future updates.

Hi, 

Sorry if this has already been addressed but why can't I see any Word or Excel files in my Recent Items list? Is there a way to include these files?

Thanks!

Thanks for the great workflow!

Any chance for Path Finder support with the most recent folders feature?

Thank you all for the great feedback. I’m still on vacation. Next month I’ll probably start to update my workflows (I’m still upset regarding Evernote app terrible updates…).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for this great workflow!

Can i redefine some of the keywords in this workflow?

For example i want "recent downloads" to be "dl" vs "dow". I changed this in workflow prefs and when i just type "dl" everything works. But if i type "rec dl" then i don't get anything. In case i want to start with "rec" i still have to use "dow".

So can this be changed easily or have to change something in the scripts?  

• 3 weeks later...

There is something wrong with the workflow:

1. When i type "rec dow" it would auto expand to "rec Downloads >" as normal but would not display anything. Also, when i try to delete (backspace) the word "Downloads" it would delete character by character unlike other keywords, where it would delete the whole second keyword (like "Now >" or "Applications >")

2. Also another strange thing is if i want to type "rec folders" then as soon as i type "rec folde" then the whole line gets deleted automatically and then  symbols "rc" gets input automatically. 

3. When i try to run the workflow, osascript process immediately goes to 90% and stays there for a couple of minutes. 

I really like the workflow so can these problems be eliminated (if they are indeed workflow related)?

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your really awesome Workflows.

Why not add them to Packal when they already support Alleyoop? :)

I'll consider it after the next workflow update. Thank you.

Thank you for this great workflow!

Can i redefine some of the keywords in this workflow?

For example i want "recent downloads" to be "dl" vs "dow". I changed this in workflow prefs and when i just type "dl" everything works. But if i type "rec dl" then i don't get anything. In case i want to start with "rec" i still have to use "dow".

So can this be changed easily or have to change something in the scripts?

It is in the script. Thank you.

There is something wrong with the workflow:

1. When i type "rec dow" it would auto expand to "rec Downloads >" as normal but would not display anything. Also, when i try to delete (backspace) the word "Downloads" it would delete character by character unlike other keywords, where it would delete the whole second keyword (like "Now >" or "Applications >")

2. Also another strange thing is if i want to type "rec folders" then as soon as i type "rec folde" then the whole line gets deleted automatically and then  symbols "rc" gets input automatically. 

3. When i try to run the workflow, osascript process immediately goes to 90% and stays there for a couple of minutes. 

I really like the workflow so can these problems be eliminated (if they are indeed workflow related)?

The workflow needs an update due Yosemite and even the new Alfred version. I hope to start it next month. Thank you for your feedback.

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with version 4.1 and Yosemite. When I am looking for recent downloads, the script doesn't show anything. This only happens with recent downloads. 

This is the process that keeps running without any result: 

osascript -e run script "cat_recent.scpt" with parameters {"||downloads"}

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Awesome tool, thanks for creating.

Is there a way to pass a recent file that is selected to the normal Alfred actions menu?

Home%20%20Packal%20lcl1k.png.png

It is possible. Here I use the right arrow key but sometimes I have to hit it twice to show Alfred actions.

I have a problem with version 4.1 and Yosemite. When I am looking for recent downloads, the script doesn't show anything. This only happens with recent downloads. 

This is the process that keeps running without any result: 

osascript -e run script "cat_recent.scpt" with parameters {"||downloads"}

Thanks!

It is working here. Please try to reinstall the workflow.

2 of my favorite workflows Recent Items and Desk Drawer by Carlos-Sz.   Great Job!  However I was wondering if there was anyway to avoid seeing the finder.app document file that reveals itself when conducting a search inside a folder where an icon was manually added.   Doing a folder search in Recent Items you'll see the DeskDrawer folder has an icon file visible.  The more I customize my folder icons the more these pop up.  Is there any way to avoid this aside from deletion icon from folder?   Thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1700881/icon%20-%20finder-app%20Document.png

• 2 weeks later...

2 of my favorite workflows Recent Items and Desk Drawer by Carlos-Sz.   Great Job!  However I was wondering if there was anyway to avoid seeing the finder.app document file that reveals itself when conducting a search inside a folder where an icon was manually added.   Doing a folder search in Recent Items you'll see the DeskDrawer folder has an icon file visible.  The more I customize my folder icons the more these pop up.  Is there any way to avoid this aside from deletion icon from folder?   Thanks.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1700881/icon%20-%20finder-app%20Document.png

Right now the workflow can’t exclude files.

It is weird, now it is working, but I don't get the last archive I downloaded. I am using Yosemite (version with the last updates) and I have re-installed rec items several times. No bug messages.

:(

I have downloaded a file and it was displayed right away. Note that the workflow relies on OS X Spotlight.

• 9 months later...

Hi Carlos

I was just looking at the source of this to try something but I don't have Script Debugger so I can't actually make any changes.

I am wondering if it would be possible to save a current list of recents (in my case to Dropbox) and then re-open it, reading from the list, rather running mdfind locally.  

Basically what I want is a way to save all my recents on computer A then go to computer B and view computer A's recents.

Also it looks like the favorites.txt file is being stored locally in 

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.recentitems/favorites.txt

It seems to me it would be preferable to have this stored with the workflow so that if one is syncing workflows, the favorites would also sync.

D

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to change the names of each of the entries in the workflow to lowercase however I don't think I can't seem to be able to edit 'list_recent.scpt' file. Can I change this text to lowercase? 

PYXwsEJ.png

Edited by nikivi

Hi Carlos

I was just looking at the source of this to try something but I don't have Script Debugger so I can't actually make any changes.

I am wondering if it would be possible to save a current list of recents (in my case to Dropbox) and then re-open it, reading from the list, rather running mdfind locally.  

Basically what I want is a way to save all my recents on computer A then go to computer B and view computer A's recents.

Also it looks like the favorites.txt file is being stored locally in 

~/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.sztoltz.recentitems/favorites.txt

It seems to me it would be preferable to have this stored with the workflow so that if one is syncing workflows, the favorites would also sync.

D

The workflow is following the Alfred app directions regarding saving its preferences and settings.

Right now, due the updates I need to make in all my workflows, there is no plan to add such option.

I would like to change the names of each of the entries in the workflow to lowercase however I don't think I can't seem to be able to edit 'list_recent.scpt' file. Can I change this text to lowercase? 

PYXwsEJ.png

Right now, due the updates I need to make in all my workflows, there is no plan to add such option.

This is a great workflow...

Is it working on Alfred 3.0 yet?

thanks

I’ll update it in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...

Using this with Capitan and Alfred (3.0.2), but not getting any results using "rec". I just get the option of "Recent items help" and "Recent items Preferences". Pressing enter on the last one doesn't do anything either, recpref just sends me to a google search for "recpref" ...

Using this with Capitan and Alfred (3.0.2), but not getting any results using "rec". I just get the option of "Recent items help" and "Recent items Preferences". Pressing enter on the last one doesn't do anything either, recpref just sends me to a google search for "recpref" ...

I'll update the workflow for Alfred 3 as soon as possible.

Thank you.