Alfred Can't Find Files on our Servers Anymore

At our office they recently updated the servers and Alfred can no longer find any files unless they are on my local machine. Any ideas?

Yosemite 10.10.3

Alfred v2.7.1

Notes:

I've tried re-adding the servers to the "search scope" in "Features."

Spotlight is still able to find the files on the servers. 

update: sorry just noticed that spotlight ISN'T able to find these servers like I thought it was! i guess thats the real problem. I have searched online and haven't been able to find an answer to this. 

not technically an "alfred problem" but it is preventing alfred from working. has anyone experienced this before or found a solution?

Edited by elgrayso

managed to get closer to a fix by using the terminal and typing mdutil /Volumes/name -i on

now i can sometimes get alfred to find items in this drive, but it seems to not find them a lot of the time and i have to try alfred a few times to get it to work. not sure the issue

managed to get closer to a fix by using the terminal and typing mdutil /Volumes/name -i on

now i can sometimes get alfred to find items in this drive, but it seems to not find them a lot of the time and i have to try alfred a few times to get it to work. not sure the issue

This is a bit of a tricky one as Alfred uses OS X's metadata server for file results. Using mdutil to locally enable spotlight on a remote drive _can_ work, but really, OS X only supports remote Spotlight searching when it's an OS X server maintaining the remote index and providing the results.

The reason you may get spotty results by locally enabling Spotlight indexing of a remote drive is that your Mac can't watch for file changes on the remote drive in the same way as it can for the local drive.

Cheers,

Andrew