Alfred not showing when fast user switching [Fixed 2.7.3 b409 pre-release]

mindblender

It appears that after the latest version, 2.7.2 (407), I have a problem where Alfred is not displaying when I first login when I switch users using the fast user switch menu.

I see the Alfred icon up in the system tray and it appears to be accepting input, I hit the cmd-space and type something and it launches, but I just don't see the Alfred interface.  If I quit Alfred and relaunch it then it works like it is supposed to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

It appears that after the latest version, 2.7.2 (407), I have a problem where Alfred is not displaying when I first login when I switch users using the fast user switch menu.

I see the Alfred icon up in the system tray and it appears to be accepting input, I hit the cmd-space and type something and it launches, but I just don't see the Alfred interface.  If I quit Alfred and relaunch it then it works like it is supposed to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I can't seem to replicate this. I've just created a new local user and swapped to it and can use Alfred as expected. Is this a new issue (only started after the update and worked as expected before)?

I haven't been able to replicate this either... could you double check Alfred's appearance settings that "Save position when dragging" is not ticked and Alfred is set to show on "default screen"?

(This may be related to the focus changes in 2.7.2, but I want to look at the basics first)

Hi David and Andrew,

Thanks for the response.

David, yes it seems to have appeared since the last update.

Andrew, the "Save position when dragging" is not ticked and it is set to show on "default screen".

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekjruqdhd02p1zq/Screenshot%202015-09-03%2012.34.47.png?dl=0

It seems to only happen when I am doing a fresh login with the second user.

Steps I can use to reproduce:

Login as user 1

Click "user two" in the fast user switch menu

User two logs in and alfred shows in the system tray but cmd-space does not show the alfred window.

Its very possible that it could be something on my machine. :)

Btw, I'm run OSX 10.9.5, if that matters.

-Jeff

Its very possible that it could be something on my machine. :)

Btw, I'm run OSX 10.9.5, if that matters.

-Jeff

I'm going to move this into bugs as I think it's related to the other bug reports in there, I'm going to look into seeing what I can do to fix this :)

Cheers,

Andrew