Open Mail and Search For Contact

Hi

I'm new on here but have used alfred for a few years now.  I notice I spend a lot of time opening Mail.app and searching for a particular contact so I can see all emails to/from.  

I have tried tinkering with workflows, but for the life of me cannot seem to get a grip on how it all works (*I am in awe of people who make such excellent ones).  

Can someone help make a workflow that does this:  

Finds contact > Opens mail app > inputs contact name into the search box.  

I will be your Alfred-BFF-4ever, and think of you kindly every time I do a mail search. :-) 

Thanks.  

-G 

Edited by erko555

Hi

I'm new on here but have used alfred for a few years now.  I notice I spend a lot of time opening Mail.app and searching for a particular contact so I can see all emails to/from.  

I have tried tinkering with workflows, but for the life of me cannot seem to get a grip on how it all works (*I am in awe of people who make such excellent ones).  

I will be your Alfred-BFF-4ever, and think of you kindly every time I do a mail search. :-) 

Thanks.  

-G 

If the contacts are in your Address Book, it's as simple as typing "email Bob", selecting the right Bob and hitting return to start a new email addressed to Bob. :)

Thanks for the response Vero.  But I'm looking for 'search for bob' rather than send him a new email.  I have hundreds of email to manage each week and find I have to often go back and search through threads related to one person.  

Btw: I tried your emfrom workflow.  It's very close to what I'm hoping for, but I need to open the mail app first.  

Thanks.  

It's definitely possible, but not a super simple thing to do.

You could start with my MailTo workflow (which contains code to read and search your contacts) and pass the results to an AppleScript that initiates a search in Mail.app.

Edited by deanishe