Hotkey double alt not memorised OSX10.11

droths

A2 is not memorising double-alt as hotkey setting since upgrade to 10.11. Keeps reverting on restart to alt-space. I do not have any system shortcuts with double-alt. have used this hotkey exclusively for A1 and A2 for the past 3-4 yrs. Maybe there is a pref setting conflict? Any suggestions?   (I have the latest version of A2 installed on MBAir 2011)

Thanks 

A2 is not memorising double-alt as hotkey setting since upgrade to 10.11. Keeps reverting on restart to alt-space. I do not have any system shortcuts with double-alt. have used this hotkey exclusively for A1 and A2 for the past 3-4 yrs. Maybe there is a pref setting conflict? Any suggestions?   (I have the latest version of A2 installed on MBAir 2011)

Thanks 

Does Alfred remember any of the other settings you set, such as your search scope, if you add any extra folders to your scope?  Also, have you set syncing on your Mac?

Take a look at the Preferences troubleshooting page, and let me know how you get on :)

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/troubleshooting/preferences/

Cheers,

Vero

Thanks Vero

So far, I'm not having much success with a repair. Looks like a reinstall may be necessary. Please advise if there is a preferred approach 

1. Other settings are not holding if I change, quit the app and restart it. 
  2. Same happens after removing pref / prefpane files (I have now lost my workflows also)
  3. I am not syncing
  4. El Capitan does not offer preference repair option anymore. It is done in the background. But I did a disk check and all is ok
  5. However, the settings did hold in a test account I set up and where I closed the app and restarted. So prefs seem to be the problem. Shall I uninstall and reinstall?  

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Vero, all, do you have any suggestions to fix this problem please. When changing defaults on Alfred, incl hotkey, files to search etc, they revert to factory setting on restart of computer. Please advise. This is quite a frustrating loss of functionality

Thanks  

First, is SIP enabled on your system ... it should be by default, but some folks disable it to run certain things.

Open terminal and type the following:

csrutil status

It should say "System Integrity Protection status: enabled."

You CAN repair permissions with El Capitan, but it's a bit of work, by running Disk Utility from the Recovery partition, which should repair any mis-set permissions even on files protected by SIP, as well as repairing any repairable file system issues.

Also, you could try ONYX 3.1.1 which will repair permissions for files not protected by SIP.

And, do you have a Time Machine backup that you could restore Alfred from that you know worked?

Aside from those suggestions, I personally could only recommend a clean install.

Thanks Roger

Have tried all of these options now. The SIP was and is enabled. DU from Rec partition, Onyx 3.1.1. But no success. I don't keep apps on Time Machine. Only data

Looks like a problem. As you say a full reinstall may be in my future