Remote and Direct connection possible

Hi

I'm just trialling Alfred at the moment, with the view to purchasing the Powerpack to allow me to build custom home automation controls.

On my internal network (HOME) I can get the Remote IOS to connect to the Mac and control everything, which is fine.

If I disconnect my iPhone from the Wifi network I can register using a static hostname (via http://www.noip.com),  (EXTERNAL)  after allowing port forwarding on my router and setting rules via Little Snitch, which again is fine.

However, if I then turn my wifi on my iPhone back on and try to connect to HOME network I can no longer connect to the Mac.

I have to delete the connection on both Mac and iPhone and reconnect to HOME, adding new passphrase.

My question really is do you support multiple connections from a single iPhone from HOME and EXTERNAL connections?

This is really the point of what I am trying to achieve with Alfred. I need to be able to control my Mac and connected devices/services when at HOME and then when I leave, still be able to connect directly from any EXTERNAL network, without having to do any further configuration.

• 1 month later...

I define my direct connections to my Mac's in Alfred Remote via my Public IP and then access my Macs over the public IP whether I am local or remote.  The router just hairpins the connection and it works fine even if you are on the same submit and use the Public IP.