Evernote Workflow 9 beta 4 (Alfred 4)

Evernote app from Evernote.com is an old requirement due the MAS app limitations.

Evernote 5.6 or greater introduced some bugs that make the workflow almost useless. I've already reported them last year but they didn't reply.

So the only solution right now is to downgrade. That's what I had to do.

Got it from their website, the files from a folder to a new note is one of this bugs?

Where can I get the 5.5 for Mac? Can I break something if I drowgrade? I mean, database not readable or something?

Thank you

Thank you

Got it from their website, the files from a folder to a new note is one of this bugs?

Where can I get the 5.5 for Mac? Can I break something if I drowgrade? I mean, database not readable or something?

Thank you

Thank you

I uninstalled Evernote 5.6+ and reinstalled 5.5 from a site I found on Google.

Everything went find here but make sure to make a backup first!

I uninstalled Evernote 5.6+ and reinstalled 5.5 from a site I found on Google.

Everything went find here but make sure to make a backup first!

It is a revised version of the workflow coming? Or if Evernote never address this fixes you will never be able to upgrade? Thank you

I’m still waiting, since version 5.6, for fix.

It seems things like this are not important to them… Unfortunately.

I just "Downgrade" the workflow to version 8.0 and everything is working ok, except adding tags, so maybe you can fix something from your side so you don't need to wait for them

I have version 6.0.5 from their site, Alfred 2.6 (374) and Yosemite 10.10.1 Everything is working great. I hope this gives you and idea and you can fix it without depending on their updates.

Thank you

I just "Downgrade" the workflow to version 8.0 and everything is working ok, except adding tags, so maybe you can fix something from your side so you don't need to wait for them

I have version 6.0.5 from their site, Alfred 2.6 (374) and Yosemite 10.10.1 Everything is working great. I hope this gives you and idea and you can fix it without depending on their updates.

Thank you

It seems Evernote 6.06 has fixed the search bug.

Thanks for the great workflow Carlos.

Feature Request:

Will you add file urls to files and mail messages so you can reference them rather than attaching them?

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll consider your idea.

@all:

It seems Evernote 6.06 has fixed the search bug. Anyway, note that, for now, it seems not possible to preview a note due the changes Evernote did regarding how it stores notes locally.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but... with 8.9.2 / with 8.9 / with 8.7 on yosemite

the shortcut "enu" no longer launches the pages in the browser

I use it every day, every hour ... all the time

→ It works with the 8.0 on yosemite

What is the version of your Evernote app? Thanks.

PS: it still works with Evernote 5.5.1

Edited by Carlos-Sz

Totally broken on my machine.

After activating Alfred, I type "ens" and a space, and it looks like it is going to do a search.  So far, so good...  But as soon as I type any character after the space, the Evernote search disappears and Alfred tells me it is going to do a Google search for ens.

If I just type "ens" and hit enter, it runs an Evernote sync.

After activating Alfred, I type "ens" and a space, and it looks like it is going to do a search. So far, so good... But as soon as I type any character after the space, the Evernote search disappears and Alfred tells me it is going to do a Google search for ens.

Make sure to use Evernote app from evernote.com and not from MAS. See inicial post for all the requirements.

Thank you

I'm sorry but... with 8.9.2 / with 8.9 / with 8.7 on yosemite

the shortcut "enu" no longer launches the pages in the browser

I use it every day, every hour ... all the time

→ It works with the 8.0 on yosemite

After activating Alfred, I type "ens" and a space, and it looks like it is going to do a search.  So far, so good...  But as soon as I type any character after the space, the Evernote search disappears and Alfred tells me it is going to do a Google search for ens.

@All:

Here is a very early version of the workflow that starts to add support to Evernote 6.06+. There are a lot of code lines to review and test so there is a chance that something still needs to be updated. Well, let me know.

Download Workflow version 8.991

Append issue is a known Evernote app bug so we have to wait for a fix. There is nothing I can do about it. Thank you for your feedback.

FYI

Using 8.991 & EN 6.06

The append functionality (including tags) and adding reminders seem to be broken still.

Other than that, seems to be solid. Thanks!

I'm totally new to workflows, and this is an awesome one!  Thanks!

That said, I have a question. I can't figure out how to create a new note with a title. For instance, I want to type a new note (not from the clipboard or selected text or anything) and I want to give it a title and then add the note. I type in enn, choose the notebook I want it to go in, and then start typing but it puts everything I type into the Title of the note AND the body of the note.  How do I keep the title in the title field and the note itself in the body/content field? It seems like that functionality should be there, but I can't figure it out.

Hope that makes some sense.

Thanks!

Edited by Sido Weaver

I'm totally new to workflows, and this is an awesome one!  Thanks!

That said, I have a question. I can't figure out how to create a new note with a title. For instance, I want to type a new note (not from the clipboard or selected text or anything) and I want to give it a title and then add the note. I type in enn, choose the notebook I want it to go in, and then start typing but it puts everything I type into the Title of the note AND the body of the note.  How do I keep the title in the title field and the note itself in the body/content field? It seems like that functionality should be there, but I can't figure it out.

Hope that makes some sense.

Thanks!

You can use /n

enn @Notebook :Title Here /n Body Here

This will work to separate title from body and the second /n used in a command will be a new line.

You can use /n

enn @Notebook :Title Here /n Body Here

This will work to separate title from body and the second /n used in a command will be a new line.

This is awesome!  Thank you so much. I love it when something just works well. This workflow is saving me so much time, as one of the ways I use Evernote is to brain dump on the fly. Well, there is no better way to do something "on the fly" than through Alfred. I am not a fan of Evernote's extensions and so forth for making quick notes. Your solution is excellent!

I'm having some trouble with creating new notes. Every time I try I get an Error message telling me that the notebook name is case sensitive. I am just selecting the notebook from the list it provides so I don't understand how it's getting the letter case wrong. What am I doing wrong here?

Please, what is your Evernote app version? And what is your workflow version?

Make sure to use Evernote app from evernote.com and not from MAS.

I'm having some trouble with creating new notes. Every time I try I get an Error message telling me that the notebook name is case sensitive. I am just selecting the notebook from the list it provides so I don't understand how it's getting the letter case wrong. What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you for your quick response. I am using Evernote ver. 6.0.6. I downloaded Evernote 8.991 for the new Evernote 6.06. I'm not sure if I am using Evernote from evernote.com or the MAS. Please forgive my ignorance. Your help is greatly appreciated!

I made a test here and it seems to be working fine.

First, make sure to install Evernote app from evernote.com (you can download it from there and reinstall it or open MAS app and see if Evernote is already “installed”).

If you have it from evernote.com please make a step by step here or using a private message so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

I made a test here and it seems to be working fine.

First, make sure to install Evernote app from evernote.com (you can download it from there and reinstall it or open MAS app and see if Evernote is already “installed”).

If you have it from evernote.com please make a step by step here or using a private message so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

I had installed the MAS versions, that was the problem. Thanks! It's working great now.