leefur

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, right on, dysonant. The subtext can be important though (especially with many of the workflows), so I thought it best to leave it visible. But it's usually too long to really scan by eye all at once, so I liked hiding all but the selected's subtext. But for some people what you have will totally get 'er done.

Ah, right on, dysonant. The subtext can be important though (especially with many of the workflows), so I thought it best to leave it visible. But it's usually too long to really scan by eye all at once, so I liked hiding all but the selected's subtext. But for some people what you have will totally get 'er done.

Yeah, showing subtext on selected was the one call that makes this a little less useful, but overall I could still see using it.  Love your theme.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best alfred skin I have ever seen.

I'd love to have it wider, too. How?

And even with unchecked box "Hide result shortcuts" there are still none. With 8 or more results my eyes can't catch the fifth so fast. I bet they are there, but white! :D

How 'bout a version with shortcuts?

Louis.

Thanks, Louis!

I'm curious if people out there use the shortcuts. It seems so much more clumsy to me, to hold command and hit a number, rather than just down arrow to the entry you want.

To address the two above requests, here's a somewhat wider version with shortcuts on. These changes aren't strictly in the minimalist spirit I'm going for,  so I'm going to leave this version out of the original post. But I hope you guys like it!

Download: http://cl.ly/Sjzx

And if you'd like to change the width further, go to the the Theme customizer (call up Alfred, hit cmd-, go to Appearance). Hover your mouse over the border of the Alfred window, where it shows that you'll change the Border Colour. Hold Command and it'll switch to instead change the window width. Click. Click again. It'll cycle back around, or you can also hold Shift to go down a size step.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks, Matt! Are you using the original white version? Or black, or one of the flat UI colors?

I've actually been using the flat UI colors. They're more fun. But then I go back to the white and it feels refreshing. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I had come up with the minimalistest theme possible, and I was going to post it… until I saw yours and liked it better, so I made the switch. Well done! (I'm using white with 90% opacity)

Lovely! That makes me happy. Enjoy!

I wonder if the blur hack is working again.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...