Spectacle

Control window with Spectacle by using default keystrokes. Type "w" with following options:

• Fullscreen
  • Move window to the Next Display
  • Center window
  • Aligns window to the Left or Right of the screen
  • Reset - special command combines move to the left and then center

Spectacle required: https://www.spectacleapp.com

Advanced: Keystrokes can be changed or addtionals can be added by modifying the Script Filter

Download: http://www.packal.org/workflow/spectacle

• 6 years later...
On 3/16/2016 at 12:35 AM, Acidham said:

Control window with Spectacle by using default keystrokes. Type "w" with following options:

• Fullscreen
  • Move window to the Next Display
  • Center window
  • Aligns window to the Left or Right of the screen
  • Reset - special command combines move to the left and then center

Spectacle required: https://www.spectacleapp.com

Advanced: Keystrokes can be changed or addtionals can be added by modifying the Script Filter

Download: http://www.packal.org/workflow/spectacle

This is a great workflow as we don't need to remember some many other shortcuts. @Acidham Is it possible to update to include more options available with Spectacle v1.2 - upper left, right, lower left and right?

------< CONFIG Spectacle Default keystrokes >------------------------ set theCommands to {{action:"Next Display", key:124, mods:"control,option,command", icon:"next"}, {action:"Center Window", key:"c", mods:"option,command", icon:"center"}, {action:"Move Window Left", key:123, mods:"option,command", icon:"left"}, {action:"Move Window Right", key:124, mods:"option,command", icon:"right"}, {action:"Move Upper Window Left", key:123, mods:"control,command", icon:"left"}, {action:"Move Upper Window Right", key:124, mods:"control,command", icon:"right"}, {action:"Move Lower Window Left", key:123, mods:"control,shift,command", icon:"left"}, {action:"Move Lower Window Right", key:124, mods:"control,shift,command", icon:"right"}, {action:"Fulscreen", key:"f", mods:"option,command", icon:"fullscreen"}, {action:"Reset", key:"-", mods:"special", icon:"reset"}} -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Modified configuration marked in bold to add these options. works good.

5 hours ago, vitor said:

@pankajsz This Workflow isn’t on @Acidham’s GitHub repo, and I’d say with good reason: Spectacle has been discontinued for years. Adding more features doesn’t really make sense.

You can reproduce something like this yourself without external apps by using a List Filter Input connected to a Conditional Utility which will then go to the corresponding Window Management Automation Task.

Thanks @vitor This works great. I have used other's workflow till now. But it is so easy to create workflows with new automation task. It is great. Love Alfred5

Is it possible to use command + direction key to replicate windows management as in windows 11? The same key command + upper arrow pressed multiple times align the application to top, max etc. I use parallel windows for some applications and same shortcuts would be great.

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2022 at 6:19 AM, vitor said:

You can use the Automation Tasks to get the size of the window, and from there use a Conditional which will do different things depending on if the current size is bigger or smaller than X.

@vitor Is there an automation task or code that tells if the frontmost windows is in full-screen mode? I have two automation tasks

1. Move windows to a different screen - next screen and then maximise 

2. Key combo ^⌘F to get the windows out of the full screen, move it to next screen and then again key combo to put it in full-screen mode

I would like to combine these steps into one. Desired workflow

1. Find if frontmost window is in full-screen mode

2. If yes, use the key combo to move it out from fullscreen

3. Move to the next screen

4. Put it in full-screen display

You suggested using conditional -- would like to request more assistance on this.

• 2 weeks later...

@vitor Any suggestions for the request above. Would be great to have an automation task that tells if the frontmost window is in full-screen mode. I also have the following AppleScript code:

------------------------------------------------------------

###Verify that Front App is Full-Screen (pauses macro until script returns "true")

tell application "System Events"

tell (first application process whose frontmost is true)

tell (first window whose subrole is "AXStandardWindow")

value of attribute "AXFullScreen"

end tell

end tell

end tell

If you can guide me in merging two automation tasks, it will be great. It will help to remember only one keyword to move to the next screen