Alfred keeps losing workflows

JCHH

Hello,

This is the 2nd time this week that I have started Alfred v2 only to find all my workflows and settings have disappeared - it's like a factory reset.

Is this a known issue / anyone have any ideas?  ...it's very frustrating.

thanks,

James.

Hello,

This is the 2nd time this week that I have started Alfred v2 only to find all my workflows and settings have disappeared - it's like a factory reset.

Is this a known issue / anyone have any ideas?  ...it's very frustrating.

thanks,

James.

Hi James,

Your Alfred preferences definitely shouldn't be reset. Are you syncing your Alfred preferences? If so, what is your sync folder? And are you using multiple Macs with the same sync preferences?

Also, do you use any third-party tools that do rule-based cleaning on your Mac that may be over-enthusiastically deleting preferences files?

If you can answer the questions above, it should help me out and we'll go from there to troubleshoot your issue :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi James,

Your Alfred preferences definitely shouldn't be reset. Are you syncing your Alfred preferences? If so, what is your sync folder? And are you using multiple Macs with the same sync preferences?

Also, do you use any third-party tools that do rule-based cleaning on your Mac that may be over-enthusiastically deleting preferences files?

If you can answer the questions above, it should help me out and we'll go from there to troubleshoot your issue :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi,

I am syncing to an iCloud folder but actually no other machine is using it.  I do not have any cleaning apps.

thanks!

I had the same issue after the 2.8.4 update. However I checked the preferences and it turned out the sync folder had been unset. Pointing Alfred at the sync folder brought everything back

I'll check this - thanks!