Alfred Workflow v3 and Smartthings

Hello all,

Just got my lovely v3 update of Alfred but I'm now unable to use Smartthings Workflow. I'm going to mimic what this person said because it's the same exact scenario.

"I'm able to authenticate to smartthings and when I'm done I get a message that says:

Success
Stopping embedded HTTP server - none.

After this I can't seem to access any of my devices via the "st" prefix. The device.txt file is also empty.

I have a v2 hub and am using the latest version of Alfred."

Hello all,

Just got my lovely v3 update of Alfred but I'm now unable to use Smartthings Workflow. I'm going to mimic what this person said because it's the same exact scenario.

"I'm able to authenticate to smartthings and when I'm done I get a message that says:

Success

Stopping embedded HTTP server - none.

After this I can't seem to access any of my devices via the "st" prefix. The device.txt file is also empty.

I have a v2 hub and am using the latest version of Alfred."

A quick look at Smartthings(https://github.com/PhysicalGraph/SmartThings-Alfred) shows me that you have to change the hardcoded "Alfred 2" paths and

tell application etc. 

In the workflow folder:

alfred/core.py

In the workflow itself(applescript top right):

set temp to "{query}"
set temp to do shell script "echo " & quoted form of temp & "| tr -d '\\r\\n' "

if temp is "" then
	tell application "Alfred 2" to search "st_login "
else
	do shell script "python get_endpoints.py"
end if

Change "Alfred 2" to "Alfred 3".

That's just a quick look, you gotta check what else is there that relates to Alfred 2.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by FroZen_X
  • 7 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I've been using Smarthings with Alfred 3 for quite some time now with no issue, however this past weekend I just upgraded to the SmartThings V2 hub and I had to re-add all my devices and set it up from scratch. At first I tried to just re-authenticate via st_login but it didn't work. So I've tried removing the workflow and reinstalling it from github. I've checked core.py info / applescript and all verified they say Alfred 3 as I see the last commit shows that these changes were in fact made to the workflow anyway.

If I remove and reinstall the workflow and login, I authenticate just fine, however I get the same "stopping embedded HTTP server" popup and nothing happens after I run st_update and st_login says I'm already authenticated and trying it again doesn't do anything either.

So I'm running Alfred 3 and verified I'm using the latest SmartThings workflow that all mention "Alfred 3" in the various files. Frankly I'm not sure what else I can do here to get it working again?

• 2 years later...

Hello!

I am having an issue with this workflow.  I got this error:

2019-10-23 23:35:05][ERROR: action.script] Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 3, in <module>

File "refresh_devices.py", line 28, in refresh_devices

response = urllib2.urlopen(req)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen

return opener.open(url, data, timeout)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 437, in open

response = meth(req, response)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 550, in http_response

'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 475, in error

return self._call_chain(*args)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain

result = func(*args)

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 558, in http_error_default

raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)

urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

[2019-10-23 23:35:08][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 3, in <module>

File "device_collector.py", line 18, in device_collector

command = args[-2]

IndexError: list index out of range

Any help appreciated!