More recognizable usage stat panel for color blind people?

Hi,

I'm a Alfred Powerpack user, so I almost have all kinds of usage displayed in Alfred's stat panel. The thing is, I have red/green colorblindness, and some of them are quite hard for me to recognize, especially 'Clipboard', 'Action' and 'Hotkeys'.

Maybe you can add a tiny feature on this panel that let me see corresponding part in the chart glow when I hover the mouse on some legend at the top, if it's not too bothersome to implement.

Edited by fwonce

Personally, I think this is an issue for the authorities.

They should either give all colourblind people those EnChroma corrective glasses or give the rest of us these T-shirts:

X5sW4.jpg

Speaking as someone with exceptional eyesight who's constantly persecuted for being left-handed, I say "screw those guys." ;)

Hah! The left-handed have nothing to be persecuted, just like the color-blinded, right?. Anyway, impressed by your *sick* joke, which makes me not so obsessive about whether this issue be tackled. It's no big deal. Thanks.

Personally, I think this is an issue for the authorities.

They should either give all colourblind people those EnChroma corrective glasses or give the rest of us these T-shirts:

X5sW4.jpg

Speaking as someone with exceptional eyesight who's constantly persecuted for being left-handed, I say "screw those guys." ;)

Hah! The left-handed have nothing to be persecuted, just like the color-blinded, right?. Anyway, impressed by your *sick* joke, which makes me not so obsessive about whether this issue be tackled. It's no big deal. Thanks.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend.

Do you know a good palette to use for things like graphs to avoid issues for colour blind people? If you know any good links or could explain the issue, it would make a good sticky post in the themes forum. It is definitely one of those things most people don't give much thought to when picking colours.

Sorry. Didn't mean to offend.

Do you know a good palette to use for things like graphs to avoid issues for colour blind people? If you know any good links or could explain the issue, it would make a good sticky post in the themes forum. It is definitely one of those things most people don't give much thought to when picking colours.

Just like what you said, I also believe a more contrasty color scheme will do. But it's funny I cannot imagine how that looks like as a color dumber, that's why I proposed a sort-of-overdesigned approach.

I used to refer to this site (http://paletton.com/) to find a palette comfortable to me. Haven't upgraded to Alfred 3, but in Alfred 2 the preference panel can't be changed by theme.

Thanks for the link. Looks really useful.

Themes don't affect the stats panel in Alfred 3, either, as far as I can tell.

What I was thinking was that some information on choosing colours that are colourblind friendly would be useful to theme authors when choosing which colours to use in their themes.

Edited by deanishe

Just like what you said, I also believe a more contrasty color scheme will do. But it's funny I cannot imagine how that looks like as a color dumber, that's why I proposed a sort-of-overdesigned approach.

I used to refer to this site (http://paletton.com/) to find a palette comfortable to me. Haven't upgraded to Alfred 3, but in Alfred 2 the preference panel can't be changed by theme.

Thanks for this thread; Interesting topic and something we'll take in consideration for a future update.

In the meantime, if you create Alfred themes that are colourblind-friendly, please do let me know as I'd love to share these with other users :)

Cheers,

Vero