Reminders

• 1 month later...

Works great! Thanks for this workflow!

Feedback on the new beta (v69)

• this command isn't working as intended: r thursday have a banana medium priority

The workflow will not set this reminder as medium priority.

• Additional app support request: Safari, Whatsapp, Spark (email client), Fantastical, Atom, CyberDuck, Parallels, terminal, Github desktop client, iTunes.

Edited by iNinja
Provide feedback on bug
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 2:00 AM, surrealroad said:

Hello everyone. I have a new beta version available. This has been rewritten from the ground up in JavaScript for Automation. It now requires Alfred v3+, MacOS Sierra+.
NEW: Enhanced date/time natural language parsing. Never worry about the correct syntax again!
NEW: Better messaging about what will happen when actioning the item.
FIXED: (Hopefully) improved performance.

However, there are still several features from the previous version that have not yet been carried across to this version. As such, this should be considered a beta version. The following are currently missing:

• Support Lists
Support Apps
• Auto-update support
• "help" keyword
Note created notification
• Quit reminders automatically
Support priority

If you:

1. Don't mind trying this out
  2. Have Alfred version 3
  3. Are using macOS Sierra
  4. Don't need any of the absent features

Then please feel free to give it a spin:

http://bit.ly/2gkUsQf

wow  amazing !! this fixes all my problems !  when I was back to choosing the right reminders tool among huge amount of options, i found this upgrade ! this works perfect with my alfred ! thank you  ! 

Hi everyone. The new version is now live, if you are using macOS 10.12 and Alfred v3, I encourage you to update. Please see the first post with download links and updated usage instructions. Refer to the changelog at the bottom for more details about the changes.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, and sorry it took such a long time to get this update out!

• 3 months later...

18 hours ago, paulbryanvisual said:

Great workflow!  

I would love to assign a key command to the "r this" function.  Is that possible?  I tried but only got half way. 

Thanks!

Not really. I will think about maybe enabling triggers on the workflow to allow for this.

However you can at least do this:

Create a new workflow like so:

Alfred_Preferences.jpg.a2aa6887e9e3f386ff17f16f0e04b053.jpg

In the Run NSAppleScript:

on alfred_script(q)
  tell application "Alfred 3" to search "r this"
end alfred_script

This will prepopulate Alfred with "r this" when you press your hotkey, so all you need to do is press enter

@paulbryanvisual There's in fact a much simpler way than the one suggested by @surrealroad in his latest post.

Create a hotkey, and assign it the following configuration (except for the hotkey - obviously set anything you like for that)

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 16.08.49.png

When you use your hotkey, Alfred will pop-up with "r this" already populated.

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 14.48.35.png

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Vero

35 minutes ago, Vero said:

@paulbryanvisual There's in fact a much simpler way than the one suggested by @surrealroad in his latest post.

Create a hotkey, and assign it the following configuration (except for the hotkey - obviously set anything you like for that)

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 16.08.49.png

When you use your hotkey, Alfred will pop-up with "r this" already populated.

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 14.48.35.png

Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Vero

@Vero Thanks!  That is exactly what I had done and I have been using it a lot.  I was hoping to find a way to avoid the extra step of the Alfred pop-up and hitting enter.  It would be better if the action ran immediately.  Is that possible?

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 10.42.00 AM.png

1 hour ago, paulbryanvisual said:

I was hoping to find a way to avoid the extra step of the Alfred pop-up and hitting enter.  It would be better if the action ran immediately.

If you call an Alfred element with a UI, it's going to pop up.

If you don't want that, you need to directly call the downstream element that does the actual work. You probably need to add an External Trigger connected to that element and call it with the appropriate arguments via AppleScript. You can trigger the AppleScript via an Alfred Hotkey.

Edited by deanishe
  • 2 weeks later...

It stopped working for me and this is what I see when I  debug

Starting debug for 'Reminders for Alfred 3'

[2017-07-11 06:15:52][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] /Users/zaidmoreno/Dropbox/Zaid's Files/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.CFA298DC-11A0-4459-8B62-D81513B49A84/chrono.min.js
[2017-07-11 06:15:52][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: /Users/zaidmoreno/Dropbox/Zaid's Files/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.CFA298DC-11A0-4459-8B62-D81513B49A84/chrono.min.js
do something crazy
today release the hamsters into the wild
tomorrow bring about financial ruin upon my enemies
in 5 minutes drop everything
in 2 hours laugh out loud in Reminders list
in 3 days 1 hour pick stuff up off the floor
24/12/13 to forget everything I know about things in movies
12 June 15 to come up with some interesting ideas
31-12-99 23:22 panic about the millennium bug
at 2pm wait for nothing in particular
next thursday at 15.30 ask some difficult questions
!!! in 2 weeks an important meeting
thursday have a banana medium priority
decide what to have for lunch !lo
make a turkey sandwich p3
/Users/zaidmoreno/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-3/Workflow Scripts/C5A0C530-4FA8-459A-B775-85D19597E351:10710:10761: execution error: Error on line 261: Error: Application isn't running. (-600)

On 28/06/2017 at 8:09 PM, paulbryanvisual said:

Great workflow!  

I would love to assign a key command to the "r this" function.  Is that possible?  I tried but only got half way. 

Thanks!

FYI the latest version (v73) now includes an external trigger. I just tested it with the "this" keyword, and it seems to work correctly:

image.png.b5a0eceecc83d356e5768e6b9a538705.png

image.png.37bed130e7781c8a9c6d100caac2dce2.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I love this WF, was working on something similar until I found this.

Was trying to make a customer hotkey to automatically send a link to a specific reminder list.

I duplicated the WF and tried to hardcode the list but it seems like this doesn't like the new list names that are in groups in reminders.

Ultimately would like to hit a hot key, enter a few words, and have the url goto a specific reminder list.

Excellent work here!