Create Files Workflow

Hi, sure.

1) Copy/paste one of the other types, then change the filter to the type you want.

2) Into the list filter press the + sigh and add your type to the list. Then make the connections.

3) If you want to have predefined text or change the app that is using to open the file then change the "open file" action.

I added the type for you just so you can see what was changed, you can download the new version from github, i also included an icon for you.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Hi, sure.

1) Copy/paste one of the other types, then change the filter to the type you want.

2) Into the list filter press the + sigh and add your type to the list. Then make the connections.

3) If you want to have predefined text or change the app that is using to open the file then change the "open file" action.

I added the type for you just so you can see what was changed, you can download the new version from github, i also included an icon for you.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Thank you so much.

macosxguru

• 1 year later...

This is a cool workflow.  Seems to work on High Sierra with the exception of opening the newly made file in your favorite application.  I have notifications disabled so I don't know if that part works.

I'm wondering if we could somehow eliminate the redundancy in the workflow where it has a separate row for each filetype.  Do you think it's doable?  It would be nice to have a big folder of template files and have the workflow access all of them.  Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Matthew Lancellotti said:

Thoughts?

That's pretty simple to do. Just have a Script Filter that reads the contents of the directory. You can't easily have the nice icons of this workflow, though.

The way I'd do it would be to name the template files for their filetype (e.g. "Word Document.docx", "Text.txt", "Markdown.md" etc.) and then use the filename minus extension for the item title and the file's icon for the item icon.

Edited by deanishe
  • 1 year later...
On 8/22/2016 at 11:13 PM, Stelios said:

Hey everyone,

Check out my first workflow! It makes creating files easy. I'm also working on a window organizer that works with 2 monitors, i'll post that too once I feel its ready.

Github: https://github.com/SteliosHa/Alfred_File_Creator

Thanks!

Hi Stelios, I could not find instructions for using a template anywhere. Where do you place them?

Thanks