Importing Text Expander into Snippets

Is there a way to import the snippets I've created in Text Expander into Alfred 3's snippets?

Also, how do I turn the off the sound it makes after typing out the snippet?

Thanks

For your first question, you can use this wonderful Alfred user's import tool:

http://alfred.danieldiekmeier.de

And for your second question, you can turn off the sound by going to the Features > Snippets preferences, clicking the cog in the top right and unchecking the box for "Play sound" :)

Cheers,

Vero

Is Alfred snippets buggy with the Pages '09 version? 

PS...I'm trying to embed a screen recording I did but can't find the right button here. Any ideas?

recording here https://www.dropbox.com/s/zzu19umqtybqj2n/screenrecord-alfred%20snippet.mov?dl=0

Have you changed the Paste command from Cmd + V to something else? It looks like the snippet is correctly being recognised and deleted, but Alfred is unable to paste the snippet text.

Cheers,

Vero

If you manually copy and paste something using Cmd + V in the app, does it paste as expected?

Do you use any other clipboard/snippet managers or keyboard modifying apps?

Also, if you create a second user profile on your Mac temporarily with nothing else installed, then follow the same steps, are you able to paste normally? :)

Cheers,

Vero

If you manually copy and paste something using Cmd + V in the app, does it paste as expected?

Do you use any other clipboard/snippet managers or keyboard modifying apps?

Also, if you create a second user profile on your Mac temporarily with nothing else installed, then follow the same steps, are you able to paste normally? :)

Cheers,

Vero

It pastes as expected.

I don't use any other clipboard/snippet managers. HOWEVER, I have been using Text Expander but closed it down while experiencing this problem.

How do I create a second profile (user?) that can access Aflred 3 with the power pack?

On 12 September 2016 at 1:04 PM, lazermoose said:

Was excited because it actually worked but excitement was quickly dashed (about 5 minutes later) when I tried the exact same snippet in same document and it DIDN'T work.

Do I need to fill out a support ticket?

Could you please update to the latest pre-release (3.1.1) in Alfred's Update preferences? Once you've updated, go to the Snippets preferences, click the cog in the top right and, under Tweaking, check the box to slow down simulated key events.

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,
Vero

16 hours ago, Vero said:

Could you please update to the latest pre-release (3.1.1) in Alfred's Update preferences? Once you've updated, go to the Snippets preferences, click the cog in the top right and, under Tweaking, check the box to slow down simulated key events.

Cheers,
Vero

How do I update to a pre-release? I am at 3.1 and it tells me I have the latest.

On September 15, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Vero said:

Cheers,
Vero

Works! Thank you Vero!

Quick question. Is it possible to do snippets with formatting? (Bold, italics, etc.)

Thanks again

3 hours ago, lazermoose said:

Works! Thank you Vero!

Quick question. Is it possible to do snippets with formatting? (Bold, italics, etc.)

Thanks again

Snippets are plain text, ensuring that the text you paste always matches the style of the destination. It's not possible to add formatting to them.

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2016 at 11:19 AM, Vero said:

Snippets are plain text, ensuring that the text you paste always matches the style of the destination. It's not possible to add formatting to them.

Hey Vero.  I've noticed that my snippets are not matching the style of the destination. For instance, I'll paste into a 'bold' formatting yet the snippet will unravel in NON-bold.

• 3 weeks later...