Alfred Auto resize.

politicus

When browsing files in Alfred, sometimes you end up in a situation like this:

se.png

It became hard to select the right TextExpander backup file :) 

If Alfred could autoresize or do anything that would let me read my file names, that would be great.

Edited by politicus

22 hours ago, Andrew said:

I added the footer text some time back to cover this exact scenario. The issue is, some situations are better truncating the middle, some the end. Alfred shows both, truncated in the middle in the footer text:

Cheers,

Andrew

You can't see it when you're searching for files though... or at least I don't.

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 13.49.53.png

This actually kind of ties in with my suggestion in a way. I was thinking about it and I realized that when you're searching for files, you can't see the preview.... or any of that info. If that were a thing, the problem I have described in my suggestion actually wouldn't be much of an issue ( in most cases ). 

Edited by joonas

On 09/11/2016 at 6:20 PM, politicus said:

@Andrew Nice!

Plus, Quicklook (Cmd+Y) is a good solution to check the name of the file. 

Quicklook is only a good option if the files you wanna check are not huge as in layouts etc from stations. To see which file you actually search for 

you have to navigate through all the files when they have similar names to find the right one instead of seeing the one directly and then navigate quicker.

My way of dealing with this is usually that i know some unique phrase to the filename and type "*phrase" so that i get the file i want. However i can't do this

when i work with structures i haven't seen before or don't know :/

Maybe it is best to start another topic for this, but I would really appreciate if the user could change cmd + Y hotkey for previewing items, I would really love to move it to cmd + k or cmd + l as they much more comfortably placed for me than cmd + y. Hope I am not alone in thinking this.

Edited by nikivi

20 hours ago, nikivi said:

Maybe it is best to start another topic for this, but I would really appreciate if the user could change cmd + Y hotkey for previewing items, I would really love to move it to cmd + k or cmd + l as they much more comfortably placed for me than cmd + y. Hope I am not alone in thinking this.

I preview items via "Shift". I use that all the times tho, pretty easy and got really used to it.