Jump to content

astrofin

Member
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by astrofin

  1. Thanks deanishe, appreciate your help with this. It's lead me to the right place. Thanks for confirming that the script works and the full path are required. I had tried full path previously, but there was also another issue preventing it working. I originally created list.csv from the terminal. I hadn't checked file permissions, which were very restrictive and preventing the script reading the file. I've set permissions to something more sensible, and the script now works. Thanks !
  2. Thanks deanishe Can I please confirm that on your machine you're able to read `list.csv` if called from `script.js` using an absolute path? I've updated `script.js` to use `var file = "~/Documents/list.csv";`. It's still not working for me, which would suggest the problem lies elsewhere rather than with the script. It would be very useful if you're able to confirm this. I note your suggestion to move everything into the workflow. For various reasons, `list.js` needs to be accessible outside the workflow, otherwise I would follow this suggestio
  3. Thanks deanishe I've put everything on GitHub. The repo contains the workflow to be installed into Alfred as usual, plus the files `script.js` and `list.csv` that should be placed in your `~/Documents` directory. Thanks for your help
  4. Thanks deanishe, I appreciate your help with this. The following is a minimal version of the workflow that creates this issue. The workflow is very simple for testing purposes. It consists of only a Script Filter outputting to Large Type. The Script Filer runs my script.js file, which is not located within the workflow package because Alfred is not the only way I access it. The Script Filter script field contains only: ~/Documents/script.js list ~/Documents/script.js looks like this: #!/usr/bin/env osascript -l JavaScript ObjC.import('stdlib'
  5. Thanks deanishe, this has is very useful. I have modified my script to `return JSON.stringify(result)`. When I run the script in terminal, I'm now getting the same JSON that appears to be correctly formatted for Script Filter. $ ~/Documents/myscript.js list {"items":[{"uid":"1","title":"OptA","autocomplete":"OptA","subtitle":"OptA","arg":"1"},{"uid":"2","title":"OptB","autocomplete":"OptB","subtitle":"OptB","arg":"2"}]} However, I'm still getting the same error. I have tracked the source of this to the following line. I'm obtaining the data to po
  6. I have a js file that ends with msg = JSON.stringify(result) $.NSFileHandle.fileHandleWithStandardOutput.writeData( $.NSString.alloc.initWithString(String(msg)) .dataUsingEncoding($.NSUTF8StringEncoding) ) When I run the script from the terminal, it returns JSON that appears to be correctly formatted for Script Filter. $ ~/Documents/myscript.js list {"items":[{"uid":"1","title":"OptA","autocomplete":"OptA","subtitle":"OptA","arg":"1"},{"uid":"2","title":"OptB","autocomplete":"OptB","subtitle":"OptB","arg":"2"}]} In Alfred, I created a workflow t
  7. I'm creating my first Alfred workflow. It takes a keyword, and creates a new outgoing message in Mail.app using AppleScript. Something like this... on alfred_script(q) set theSubject to q tell application "Mail" activate set theMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {visible:true} tell theMessage set subject to theSubject set content to theContent end tell end tell end alfred_script This works fine when I explicitly set theContent to be a text string set theContent to "this is my content" Howev
×
×
  • Create New...