Jump to content

vegardinho

Member
  • Posts

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

vegardinho last won the day on May 5 2020

vegardinho had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

vegardinho's Achievements

Helping Hand

Helping Hand (3/5)

3

Reputation

  1. Seeing as crisprcas seems to have it working on Big Sur, and you did a manual install (as i understand it), I suggest you just uninstall blueutil, and do a clean install with Homebrew.
  2. Right, without having verified this, it is very likely blueutil is the cause of the problem. A current flaw with the workflow is that it's only guessing where blueutil installs. Normally you'd merely run "blueutil" in the terminal (try this and you should get it working), but because the alfred script is not running in the same environment (I'm not an expert here, but something along those lines), i have to pass the full directory of blueutil for the script to run correctly. In other words, if Homebrew has changed where blueutil installs, or you have installed it somewhere else, that would break the workflow. My first guess would be that this has something to do with the Big Sur release. If you want a quick fix, until I look into it, you could probably just find the blueutil install directory, which blueutil and then change the references in the alfred workflow.
  3. Did the error occur after the upgrade, or was it present in Catalina as well? (I haven't upgraded yet, but I'll probably have a look at in December sometime.)
  4. Hi, I can't say for sure what the problem is, might be something peculiar about the bluetooth-connection with AirPods. Post the debugging text here if you want me to take a look at it
  5. Thanks for the pull request and input! I've added a new release now with your improvements, so everything should work smoothly on prior macOS versions as well now.
  6. To answer both of you: it's probably best that I change to python 2 by default in my script, and I'll do so as soon as I have the time. I went for python3 in the first place because of the problem you just encountered; it shouldn't be too bad to fix, but I'll have to take a look at it. As for the json-smushing, I just assumed it would be faster, but you are probably right that it would be better to go for the json library. I may change this eventually, as well. Some of these things are still a little new to me, so input is always appreciated.
  7. It seems bash is not finding your Python3 interpreter, so it is probably located somewhere else than where mine is. I've added a fix to search for logical placement of python interpreter, so hopefully that does it (v.1.2.3). If the fix doesn't work, make sure python3 is working (entering "python3" in terminal should suffice), as well as check where the interpreter lies ("which python"). You could also do a clean install of python3, I had a lot of different versions of python lying around, some by homebrew, and some old; and that eventually caused a lot of trouble, which was straightened out by the clean install.
  8. Great to hear it works! I guess time is one of the benefits of these corona times;)
  9. It seems one of your devices has a non-existing name (type None), which is what causes the crash. I've now updated to check whether name actually exists before attempting to call any actions on it. Version 1.2.2 (out now) should fix the problem for you. I'm a little unsure why the device doesn't appear to have a name; you could try running "blueutil --paired --format json-pretty" (note: double dashes) manually, to see if you can spot something abnormal in the output.
  10. Update: Version 1.2.1 (latest) now supports OneUpdater (https://github.com/vitorgalvao/alfred-workflows/tree/master/OneUpdater), which means workflow will check for and update automatically, every 4 days. Also faster device search/script filter
  11. Hi, Glad to hear the workflow is useful! Can you make sure you are typing the same thing as in the gif above? The format should be "btd", then space, followed by whatever device you are searching for. Just typing "btd" should give you a list of all the previously paired bluetooth devices. Also keep in mind that currently only results that are exact matches from the start of the word, are matched. That means "device" will not match the device "mydevice", but "mydev" will. I am working on changing this, but currently this is a limitation to the workflow you have to account for. Update: The newest release now includes smart search, i.e. it matches ever item where every search argument is found in the device name ("device" will now match "mydevice"; so will "device 45" for hypothetical device "mydevice tx45") If this doesn't help you: Could you run the workflow while in debug mode? Find the workflow in preferences, click the little spider on the top right, and then open the alfred search bar and type in what you would type to get the error. Copy whatever shows up in the debug text field, and paste it in the forum, so I can have a look at it. I've also already killed a bug, so I recommend you download the new release anyway (though the fix it is not related to your problem). Hope that helps!
  12. Hi, I was a bit tired of handling all my bluetooth devices manually, and couldn't find any cover-all bluetooth workflows out there, so I made this one. Features: Turn on/off/toggle bluetooth Connect to device from list of paired bluetooth devices Set favorite device for quick access User friendly notifications for all actions Dependencies (see README on git repo): Blueutil Python3 Feel free to give me feedback, and report bugs if you find any. Github: https://github.com/vegardinho/alfred_bluetooth_controller Download: https://github.com/vegardinho/alfred_bluetooth_controller/releases/latest Cheers, Vegard
×
×
  • Create New...