Jump to content

sballin

Member
  • Posts

    48
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by sballin

  1. Sounds like Alfred may not have full disk access, something similar happened to another user after upgrading to 11.4: https://github.com/sballin/alfred-search-notes-app/issues/43#issuecomment-867308050 Here are what the permissions should look like: https://github.com/sballin/alfred-search-notes-app#required-permissions
  2. Do you have "n" set as the keyword for "Opening Files" in Alfred Preferences > Features > File Search?
  3. Weird... here are a couple more things you can try: 1. Locate the binary in (workflow directory)/search_notes, it's the file named search_notes. Right click the binary and press Open (don't do anything else like double click, cmd-down, etc). This is supposed to be equivalent to "Allow Anyway" 2. Try running the binary in the terminal (cd to search_notes directory and do ./search_notes) 3. If neither of the above work, try restarting your computer, or doing 1/2 on a different computer...
  4. In the security pref pane, do you have "Allow apps downloaded from" set to "App Store and identified developers?" Does anything show up in the error log or alfred debug log when you try to open it?
  5. Version 3.3.0 is released! New features: Choose between creating a new note or searching note bodies when no note with a matching title is found (set your preference in environment variables) Better support for accented characters Paste note links quickly using a snippet shortcut
  6. Here is a pre-release version where characters like that should be handled properly: https://github.com/sballin/alfred-search-notes-app/files/6168245/Search.Notes.zip Let me know if you encounter any issues!
  7. Weird! I'll have to think about this. I was able to reproduce your error message with a note containing "İ" but removing the error handling didn't fix things for me.
  8. Thanks for reporting this issue. I don't think it's security related, that error message is always the same because it's the most common problem users face. I think it's because of certain characters like i/İ having different byte length depending whether they are uppercase or lowercase, and the workflow converts notes to lowercase when searching. I'll work on a fix...
  9. You could create a new "Run NSAppleScript" action with the following code: on alfred_script(q) tell application "Notes" -- Show user requested note -- Get note id which is first item in q set noteID to text 1 thru ((offset of "?" in q)-1) of q show note id noteID in default account show note id noteID in default account -- Click menu Window -> Float Selected Note tell application "System Events" to tell process "Notes" to click menu item 11 of menu 7 of menu bar 1 end tell end alfred_script
  10. I was talking about the notes:// links you get from doing the alt-enter action on results. If you don't use that feature, everything else should be working as usual.
  11. Looks like in Big Sur the notes:// URI scheme is handled by the Notes app directly, meaning that notes://seemingly-any-string-here causes the Notes app to come into focus, but do nothing further. It's possible to get around this with SwiftDefaultApps and make notes:// links work as before, or it would also be possible to change the URI for links generated by this workflow (note:// seems like a good alternative). But does anyone know how the default macOS notes:// URI scheme handling works? Is there some documentation anywhere?
  12. Thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware of this issue. Looks like notes that are not from iCloud or On My Mac are not stored in the normal database. If anyone figures out the details, I'm happy to try adding support.
  13. Version 3.0.0 is out! Notes for this release: Rewritten in Go Faster searching Create a new note if none was found Shift+enter to search for query using Notes in-app search
  14. Version 2.2.0 is now released. It adds error handling, auto-updating, and fixes problems related to the toolbar search in Notes. Let me know if there are any issues!
  15. Just released version 2.1.0, which hopefully fixes some of the database problems people have been encountering lately, and is compatible with Dropbox sync.
  16. Good idea, I've updated the instructions.
  17. You can use release 1.4.3 of the workflow or install the xcode command line tools using the command xcode-select --install
  18. Is it possible to get around this in Alfred 3? I tried making my home folder custom /System/Volumes/Data/Users/me and reloading but it had no effect.
  19. Yes, you can right-click the background of the workflow, add trigger → fallback search → connect to n, nf, and nb, then in the features tab → default results → setup fallback results → plus button → workflow trigger → notes. Not as far as I know, unfortunately.
  20. Thanks! Could you try changing the first line in get_notes.py from #!/usr/bin/env python3 to #!/usr/bin/python3? If that doesn't work, you may need to install the xcode command line tools using the command xcode-select --install Sorry for the trouble, I was hoping it would work out of the box.
  21. As always, I'll need to see some debug logs before I can help.
  22. Should work pre-Catalina if the user has a python 3 installation, because it calls /usr/bin/env python3. In any case the old releases are still on github. The future is now!
  23. Version 2.0.0 released! The workflow now runs on python 3 and lets you copy note bodies with cmd+enter and search note bodies with a new keyword. Other minor changes: include version number, drop confusing .app.alfredworkflow extension, add please wait subtext. I don't think it's possible to have text indicating that no result was found.
  24. Yep, you can drag the notes url text out of the notes app or another text field, into the finder, and it will create a .inetloc file. If you double click that, the URL handler should do its job!
×
×
  • Create New...