Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Forget to mention the dictionary feature. I was actually discussing the feature in the context of dictionary search, not every word you type into alfred. Now edited.
  2. Thanks for the help and thank you for the great workflow.
  3. YOU ARE MY HERO. Yep, checking this option fixes the problem. I did a clean install of 10.8.3 just a few days back. Since most people don't have this issue, I guess this option was checked by default in earlier versions and turned off later on?
  4. Do you need me to get on IRC or something so I can send you results more efficiently?
  5. My bad, here is the new result: 2013-04-17 11:09:05.555 menudump[26662:707] DEBUG NSArray *menuItemsForElement(NSString *, AXUIElementRef, NSInteger, NSInteger, NSDictionary *):107 - Looking at menu at depth 0 2013-04-17 11:09:05.557 menudump[26662:707] DEBUG -[uIAccess convertMenuToJSON:app:]:349 - Converting menu to JSON { "name": "Terminal" "bundleIdentifier": "com.apple.Terminal" "bundlePath": "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app" "executablePath": "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/MacOS/Terminal" "menus": [ ] }
  6. Here is the result, the strange question marks are not a paste error, my terminal also displays them like this. ./menudump: line 1: bplist00?_WebMainResource: command not found ./menudump: line 2: syntax error near unexpected token `<' ./menudump: line 2: ` _WebResourceData_WebResourceMIMEType_ebResourceTextEncodingName_WebResourceFrameName^WebResourceURLOb<html><head><style type="text/css"></style></head><body><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;">Ïúíþ€ … H__PAGEZEROh__TEXT
  7. Thanks for the quick reply. menudump outputs a json with "menu" being an empty array, so I guess it's the ruby script. { "name": "Terminal" "bundleIdentifier": "com.apple.Terminal" "bundlePath": "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app" "executablePath": "/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/MacOS/Terminal" "menus": [ ] } [Process completed] The output of the ruby script is ./menu_items.rb:10:in `gather_leaves': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError) from ./menu_items.rb:28:in `generate_items' from main.rb:7 my ruby version is 1.8.7, it's the system ruby.
  8. Embarrassed to say, but it doesn't work on my machine. Result is always loading, for all apps I have tried (safari, terminal, finder). I have osx 10.8.3. Not sure how to debug the workflow, wish I could provide more info.
  9. It would be great if alfred could pronounce the word being searched with the dictionary feature, either using the system TTS or playing an online audio file (many online dictionaries provides such files, not sure about the legal stuff though). An intuitive method to pronounce words might be alt + enter or ctrl + enter, the current behaviour for both combinations is merely web search, so I guess it's harmless to override one of them.
  • Create New...