Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by xilopaint

  1. From what I remember you were using ~/Library/Caches/iBooksSearch on v1.0.
  2. Let's say I set a 1h lifetime to the cache. During this time all queries and results are cached. Each time a query is repeated the results are retrieved from cache. After the expiration, the cache is cleared and the process should be repeated. It turns out I'm pretty sure this is not the best way, so this thread.
  3. Hey folks, what's the best way to cache search results while querying a web API? Should I cache results for each user query after the cache expiration or there's a better way? @deanishe @vitor
  4. It's a simple issue. This workflow creates data and cache folders at wrong locations for Alfred 3 users. You can solve the issue by using Script Environment Variables for both folders.
  5. Is this workflow still maintained?
  6. @Vero @Andrew what can you do regarding this issue? I have a very old bug report on this.
  7. Ampersands are showing up in the subreddit descriptions as &.
  8. You can use the Alfred-Workflow library already embedded to Date Calculator for adding self-updating capabilities to your workflow. Here's how: https://www.deanishe.net/alfred-workflow/api/index.html#id12
  9. Update (v1.6): Adopt JSON format to generate Alfred feedback.
  10. And how can you do that without the API made for those three languages?
  11. If you could pick only one language to interact with macOS applications what would it be and why?
  12. Hey @deanishe and @vitor, sorry for bugging again with this thread but now I see Objective-C has also a dictionary to interact with applications. Would it be a better option than AppleScript and JXA?
  13. I would accept to contribute but I don't believe a few small donations would make any difference to @deanishe's decision of developing a new build.
  14. Not necessary anymore. I just realised that I had to use ⇧ + ⇥ because ⇥ was selected as an action hotkey on Alfred Preferences. Now everything is ok.
  15. Ok, so could you please update your Reddit workflow fixing the autocomplete issue? ?
  16. Update (v2.15) Added Keyword to change the value of the "suffix" environment variable.
  17. It's ok for me. If you prefer don't making a new release you can share the binary on this thread as well.
  18. Unfortunately I can't do it without any Go knowledge. I tried to build the search.go file with go build search.go and didn't succeed because of some missing packages.I thought about installing the packages on my $GOPATH but I was afraid to screw up everything so I gave up. Hope the new RC will not take long.
  19. hahahaha thank you for bringing those issues to my attention. deanishe vs. nikvi discussions are on top of my geek humor ranking.
  20. I had to built a new Urban Dictionary workflow since my previous one was broken. It's available on GitHub.
  • Create New...