Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


katie last won the day on October 12 2018

katie had the most liked content!

About katie

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

1,141 profile views
  1. Wow, thank you. I can't believe you found it! I will start looking through Rob Trew's posts on all of those platforms. Thank you, also, for the advice. I will pursue the AppleScript path. In fact, I think I should regardless of whether I find a working script for this so that I won't be so stuck again in the future if something breaks. I don't use TeX at all, either. I just love how quick, accessible, and open BibDesk is. My goal is to move everything to plain text, stored in my university-provided cloud, and indexed/processed in DT. I couldn't find a suitable alternative for DT;
  2. Thank you for the working script for exporting to markdown, @dfay. I'm wondering how difficult it would be to change this script for my own workflow. My goal is the following: Export into separate markdown files for each annotation. Ideally, these would be named automatically, for e.g., using the first 5 words of the contents, and placed in a folder named by the pdf name. Include the name of the colour of the highlight from Skim in each file (so it can be used to filter/process them). Edit: ✓ I couldn't figure out how to capture and name colours, but, I've managed the
  3. Thank you; I will try that! Just spent a good chunk of time doing this manually. Edit: And it works! I must have missed an update. This is literally the best day ever.
  4. I really miss this workflow. Has anyone been able to find a workaround or alternative solution?
  5. It's amazing!! Works great!! Thank you so much!!
  6. Hello, I just found out that this workflow doesn't work if you use brackets () in the filename. I get this error in debug mode: [2017-01-30 12:59:29][ERROR: action.script] 15:16: syntax error: Expected “"” but found unknown token. (-2741) It's definitely a minor issue, and not necessary. But if somebody knows what's going on, I'd like to fix it if I can. Thanks
  7. Hi @robwalton! Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried the 'uo <search term>' option and it works - as long as Ulysses is already open. If Ulysses isn't open, then I get two "something went wrong beeps" (as I call them), and Ulysses opens but the open dialogue doesn't. Because of this, I deactivated that keyword because a lot of times I don't want to open Ulysses, especially if it doesn't have what I'm looking for. I guess my computer is slow enough that waiting for a program (even one as light as Ulysses) to open so I can re-do a search, and (potentially) close it, is fr
  8. I love this workflow! I've been waiting for something like this! Would it be possible to include a search of the contents of sheets (like ⌘O in Ulysses)? I don't always remember the title of my sheets
  9. I will admit to scanning documentation and being herded effectively by big scary warnings
  10. Ah okay, I was wondering how I missed something like that
  11. That fixes it! Sorry - I must have misunderstood that yellow "Important" box in the documentation. Thank you for your time and help!
  12. Thank you for fixing it! I was able to check out the examples and they are very cool! I put together a list of Cree phrases, just to try it out. The Excel file simply has Cree in column A and English in column B. I was able to create the new workflow, but got an error - screenshot attached. Here's the output from debugging mode: [2016-11-01 18:15:32][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] options=Namespace(docpath='/Users/katie/Dropbox/Apps/Aflred/Alfred 3/Cree Phrases.xlsx', sheet='1', start_row='1', subtitle_col='', title_col='1', value_col='', variables={}) ------ alfred e
  13. I think this is a really cool and useful idea for a workflow. I was trying to check out one of the demo's (Random Names) but I get a "fatal error". Screenshot attached. Here's what came out of the debugging mode: Starting debug for 'I Sheet You Not' [2016-11-01 14:15:24][STDERR: input.scriptfilter] options=Namespace(docpath='./Demo.xlsx', sheet='1', start_row='1', subtitle_col='', title_col='1', value_col='', variables={}) ------ alfred env vars ------- debug='1' preferences='/Users/katie/Dropbox/Apps/Aflred/Alfred 3/Alfred.alfredpreferences' preferences_localhash='e4d7f5380fa
  14. This is awesome - I hated clicking through those pages of icons. Thank you!
  15. I did a clean install (but I synced my Alfred settings) and it broke this workflow I got this error in debugging mode: [2016-10-07 09:13:03][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: 0:90: execution error: mkdir: /Users/katie/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1) I tried to change the scripts to point to Alfred-3, but that was not enough to fix the error. So I tried to re-install but the download link is missing I'm going to dig through my backups to try and get it back, but I thought I would post because people are missing out
  • Create New...