Jump to content

jpage4500

Member
  • Posts

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

349 profile views

jpage4500's Achievements

Helping Hand

Helping Hand (3/5)

0

Reputation

  1. this issue sounds a lot like the one I'm seeing too. In my case I'm using Google drive and not iCloud but maybe they have the same root issue.
  2. last note -- results from diagnostics.. not sure what this means "Direct metadata is missing, this file is likely not indexed by macOS" I did find the file in a spotlight search earlier but just tried it now and it's not found.. -- Starting Diagnostics... File: 'screenMirror.sh' Path: '/Users/jpage/GoogleDrive/bin' ----------------------------------------------------------- Check file cache database... ✅ File cache integrity is ok ----------------------------------------------------------- Check if file is readable... ✅ Alfred has permissions to read this file. ----------------------------------------------------------- Check if volume '/' is indexed by macOS... ✅ Indexing is enabled on this drive ----------------------------------------------------------- Check direct file metadata... ⚠️ Direct metadata is missing, this file is likely not indexed by macOS Display Name: Other Names: Content Type: Last Used: ----------------------------------------------------------- Check mdls file metadata... ❌ macOS metadata missing essential items kMDItemFSContentChangeDate = (null) kMDItemFSCreationDate = (null) kMDItemFSCreatorCode = "" kMDItemFSFinderFlags = (null) kMDItemFSHasCustomIcon = (null) kMDItemFSInvisible = 0 kMDItemFSIsExtensionHidden = (null) kMDItemFSIsStationery = (null) kMDItemFSLabel = (null) kMDItemFSName = (null) kMDItemFSNodeCount = (null) kMDItemFSOwnerGroupID = (null) kMDItemFSOwnerUserID = (null) kMDItemFSSize = (null) kMDItemFSTypeCode = "" ----------------------------------------------------------- ❌ Troubleshooting failed
  3. This is a perplexing one to me -- and it's happened to several different files in the past and I don't understand why. I run a shell script via Alfred dozens of times daily.. it's a bash script called "screenMirror.sh". There's a few other similarly named scripts in the same folder which are found - but not "screenMirror.sh".. any idea why it would just disappear from the list? I did edit the script.. that seems to be what caused Alfred to stop displaying it in the results. But how do I get it back again? Note that even "find screenMirror.sh" doesn't find this file either.. again, I've been running it daily using Alfred so it's like it's been blocked somehow from displaying
  4. This post hasn't been updated in a long time but I'm also having a similar issue and not having any luck trying to get it fixed. Has anyone figured out any workarounds or if anyone from Alfred team has identified this as an issue to be fixed
  5. >> So there was no new entry in the list? I wasn't sure because I had already manually added ".vncloc" to the list I actually figured it out just trying to reproduce this morning and I guess you can chalk it up to user error. The preference that says 'include folders in Home' I guess looks at folders in your home but not files! So, just moving the .vncloc file from home folder (~) to a sub-folder under home did the trick!
  6. I've got a Screen Sharing shortcut setup - file named "name.vncloc" - which exists in my home folder (~) I'm trying to get Alfred to find this file when I type it's name but so far I can't get it to show up. It does show up in Spotlight search. Other notes: - I have 'include folders in Home checked in preferences - I also tried adding .vncloc to the Advanced file type section Anything else I can try? I did try dragging the .vncloc file to the Advanced file type dialog but I don't think it added anything..
  7. ahh.. very interesting. Well, that did the trick! thanks joe
  8. I imagine this is more of a 'feature' than a bug but I wanted to point it out as something I find pretty annoying personally and maybe others would agree. What happens to me all the time is I'll open Alfred and start typing the first few characters of an app I want to open. For example, I use Preview often so I'll start typing "preview". While "p" and "pr" list "Preview" as the first result, "pre" lists "System Preferences" as the first result. Since I'm doing this fairly quick I don't notice the change and just hit ENTER and end up opening the wrong app. In this case a picture might help explain this better. "pr" http://pasteboard.co/cwRIWCTJT.png "pre" http://pasteboard.co/cwSecZRTP.png My issue with this is - I don't see how "System Preferences" is a better match than "Preview" for the search "pre" where it wasn't for the search "pr". While I think you're doing this on purpose.. maybe the idea is that if a user keeps typing they want to see a *different* match.. it's not really working for me anyway. Maybe worst case you could include this as an option somehow..
×
×
  • Create New...