Hotkey Trigger not reading text selection when Chinese/Japanese input source enabled

4 posts in this topic

When the OS X built-in Chinese/Japanese input source is enabled the Hotkey Trigger fails to read text selection. It's easy to replicate. And it's still not very efficient when people have to switch to English in order to make it work if one switch between these languages constantly.

Any improvement over this issue?

Thanks in advance for your attention!

p.s. I saw my last post got deleted but that's related to this case and I actually spent pretty much time on searching and testing to figure out that.

Edited by 19000

7 minutes ago, 19000 said:

p.s. I saw my last post got deleted but that's related to this case and I actually spent pretty much time on searching and testing to figure out that.

It was not deleted, it was hidden. From your last posting there (“I figured it out myself, it was caused by the input method. Sorry to be bothering.”) and considering no one else had replied or experienced that problem, it didn’t seem relevant to keep it there.

I’ve unhidden it. Feel free to continue there.

Edited by vitor

@19000 I've been experimenting with this, including using various different input sources for Chinese and Japanese. In all instances, using a Hotkey trigger to use the Selection in macOS has worked exactly as expected.

Do you use any keyboard modifier apps or other clipboard tools that may be interfering and making it difficult for Alfred to copy the selection to clipboard?

Take a look at any apps listed in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility. I would recommend disabling all apps aside from Alfred Text Service, and re-enabling them one at the time to see whether you can identify what may be conflicting.

Cheers,

Vero

Thanks for the reply!

I disabled all the apps in "Accessibility" and it still not work with Chinese and Japanese input sources. Now it's quite tough to solve since there's no problem on your machine.

Here's my settings.

All of them have been disabled and Alfred wasn't even in the list before I manually added it, but since it worked fine in English mode and the problem wasn't solved after adding and enabling Alfred in it I guess it has nothing to do with this setting?

Any further suggestions?

58ac8040b2691_ScreenShot2017-02-22at1_49_38AM.png.79d93ee04ea249bcae1c3e719e77fa17.png

58ac803e4bcc6_ScreenShot2017-02-22at1_50_18AM.png.3ae937535acdc4b88aeb165f47a8a38c.png