Don't copy pasted snippets to clipboard [Fixed 3.3.2]

Gary King

1 hour ago, Gary King said:

How can I prevent pasted snippets from being copied to the clipboard?

You can’t. Alfred needs to copy them to be able to expand (paste) them. But you can restore your clipboard to what it was. Alfred Preferences → Features → Snippets → (small cog in top right) → Tweaking → Restore clipboard contents after.

21 hours ago, vitor said:

You can’t. Alfred needs to copy them to be able to expand (paste) them. But you can restore your clipboard to what it was. Alfred Preferences → Features → Snippets → (small cog in top right) → Tweaking → Restore clipboard contents after.

This seems to only work if I have also enabled the feature to automatically expand snippets. What about if I paste snippets using the "sn" keyword in Alfred?

3 minutes ago, Gary King said:

This seems to only work if I have also enabled the feature to automatically expand snippets. What about if I paste snippets using the "sn" keyword in Alfred?

It should work the same for both methods. And for me it does.

On 2017-02-21 at 2:12 PM, vitor said:

It should work the same for both methods. And for me it does.

I have "Restore clipboard content" set to the default, which is checkmarked and at 0.5s. Yet the clipboard is never restored.

I copy "test", paste it a few times in a text file to ensure it's in the clipboard. Then open Alfred and type "sn <keyword>" to paste one of my snippets. The snippet is pasted into the text file. Then I wait a few seconds. Then I paste the clipboard's contents, and it's the Alfred snippet, not what I had before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Andrew changed the title to Don't copy pasted snippets to clipboard [Fixed 3.3.2]