mandrigin

Swift Windows Switcher [Safari/Chrome tabs support]

Hello!

I made an Alfred 3 workflow to search and switch between open windows in the system and Safari (and Chrome) tabs.

More app-by-app support are (hopefully) coming.

It is uses the companion native app, that's what makes it much faster than the other alternatives.

https://github.com/mandrigin/AlfredSwitchWindows/releases

Sierra only (at the moment).

PS: Thanks to Emanuele Munafò and his "Windows Switcher" workflow for the inspiration.

Edited by mandrigin

This is great, thank you! I've been hoping for someone to develop a window switcher.

For the Safari tabs script filter, though, I get the default searches in Alfred, but no Safari tabs (with Safari open and multiple tabs).

What about this workflow is problematic on El Capitan? I tried it, and it seems to work for most apps (Spotify the only window that didn't show up in the list).

It is indeed much faster than the one I've been using.

7 hours ago, mandrigin said:

Is it the Safari installation that comes with the OS? Or is it a Tech Preview (a separate installation)?
If possible, what's the bundle ID of Safari on your machine?

Yes, it's the one that comes with the OS. Bundle ID is 12603.1.29

wow, it works great and fast ... love it ... 

but it always try to open safari even I don't use it.. is there any way to exclude opening safari?

Edited by dr_selump14

> but it always try to open safari even I don't use it.. is there any way to exclude opening safari?

wow, haven't seen this behaviour before. that looks like a bug, I'll try to reproduce and fix it.

This is not working on my machine. I'm on Sierra 10.12.4 Beta (16E189a). It simply does nothing when invoking via keyword, or even setting a hotkey. Debugger doesn't even kick in. Alfred has permissions in accessibility as well.

On 3/20/2017 at 3:06 AM, mandrigin said:

open the workflow in Terminal and run

./EnumWindows --search="Finder"

Apologies, but I wasn't aware you could open workflows in Terminal? Would you might walking me through that?

@flome sure! Just open Alfred preferences and then go to the list of the workflows, then right-click and select "Open Workflow folder in Terminal" or something like this. Then run the command I sent before there. 

Great Workflow, thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately Safari tabs are not being shown if Safari is in Full Screen Mode. Could you fix that?

On 2017-4-8 at 10:20 AM, mandrigin said:

Version 0.2.6 has Chrome tabs support. That was actually easier than I thought.

You can update in Packal or download it from here: https://github.com/mandrigin/AlfredSwitchWindows/releases/tag/0.2.6-beta

Could you bring in the option to search on every desktop? Like i cannot search for tabs when chrome is on another desktop.

Else its pretty fast!

Just downloaded to try. Workflow only succeeds in listing open tab results for a search, but fails to open selected tab in Safari with enter (does nothing). Does it currently work normally?