Swift Windows Switcher [Safari/Chrome tabs support]

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2017 at 4:53 AM, xilopaint said:

v0.2.6 is broken for me because I don't have Chrome installed. v0.2.5 is working fine.

Hmm, tested with no Chrome installed and it works just fine.

Can you open Safari, open any webpage there, go the alfred preferences -> workflows -> open in terminal -> type

./EnumWindows --search="Safari"

and post the output here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 7:57 AM, mandrigin said:

@FroZen_X I'm working on it in my spare time, but I didn't find a good and reliable way to switch to the window on a different desktop. But it is on my todo list, I use a few spaces occasionally.

I am DYING for this ability. I use spaces/desktops extensively and it would make things so much easier! Pretty please!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 7:00 PM, dakush said:

Would it take a lot of work to include other chromium-based browsers (I'm a happy Vivaldi user)? Thanks for this excellent workflow anyway.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:35 PM, xilopaint said:

+1

I would love to have it working with Opera.

Thank you for the kind words!

Unfortunately, it is not about what engine the browser is using, it is about what functions are exposed to AppleScript automation.

For example, Chrome and Safari have full APIs (list windows and tabs and their properties, switch to the tabs) exposed to AppleScript.
Opera or Firefox doesn't expose anything like that at the moment (I've even asked using some internal channels).

Vivaldi, I don't know about, but seems plausible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you so much for this workflow. I have been using it for years and it is one of my most used workflows, especially for the ability to switch between any open window with 'w'.

While the 'ww' command to search and open specific tabs in Safari still works for me, the switch to an open application window with 'w' seems now broken.

Here is my configuration:

Mac OSX Mojave: 10.14.2

Latest version of Swift Window Switcher: 0.3.0

I am not sure what makes it not work anymore. There is no specific message popping up in the Alfred debug console. It was working perfectly previously.

Edited by Guy Stan
1 hour ago, Guy Stan said:

Thank you so much for this workflow. I have been using it for years and it is one of my most used workflows, especially for the ability to switch between any open window with 'w'.

Thanks for your feedback! It turns out that is a regression that sneaked in.

I just published a release 0.3.1 here: on GitHub and on Packal that should fix your issue.