Swift Windows Switcher [Safari/Chrome tabs support]

Hey @mandrigin, thanks a lot for the workflow!

Is it possible to somehow switch apps on differrent desktops?

I usually use about 6-8 desktops at the same time for an each app (not all of them at fullscreen mode though) and I move between them with keyboard shortcuts and it would be perfect if I'd be able to just hit w and move to app on another desktop.

Is it possible to implement?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

@mandrigin Thanks for sharing this workflow. It's awesome! I can't believe this is a "little weekend project." This thing is awesome!

Out of curiosity, do you see yourself adding multiple-spaces/desktops to it any time soon? I've tried a few window switching apps that are dedicated to this function, and I actually like your workflow's interaction better in many ways. My only problem is that I like to work on several desktops/spaces at a time.

@oldhgf By chance, did you have any luck tinkering with the desktops/spaces issue?

Thanks again for sharing!

Edited by Jasondm007
typo
  • 2 months later...

Hi @mandrigin By chance, is there any way to get Finder's tabs listed separately in the search results, like with Chrome and Safari?

Depending on the project I'm working on, I usually keep several Finder tabs open in the same window. However, it's often difficult to see what's open, depending on the monitor width and where they bunch up on the right-side (i.e., without right-clicking Finder in the dock or the "Window" list from its Apple menu).

In any case, since your workflow works so well for Safari and Chrome tabs, I just thought that I'd ask about Finder.

As always, thanks for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hi @mandrigin - Is there a difference in the way this workflow's two script filters search - particularly with multi-word searches?

The reason I'm asking is that when I try to do a search with more than one term in the Window/Tabs filter, it never seems to work. But if I search using more than one term with the Safari filter it seems to work just fine.

I usually have a lot of PDFs open in different windows of the Preview app - for research-related articles, which all have pretty long titles - and I was just hoping to rely more heavily on your workflow to find the article I'm looking for. Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...

Hi, this looks just what I'm needing, but I'm getting "“EnumWindows” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." when I press w then space. Does anyone know what is happening here? With thanks, Will

Edit: SOLVED: I found the answer here - with thanks @mandrigin.

https://github.com/mandrigin/AlfredSwitchWindows/issues/24

Edited by willnapier