mandrigin

Swift Windows Switcher [Safari/Chrome tabs support]

Hey @mandrigin, thanks a lot for the workflow!

Is it possible to somehow switch apps on differrent desktops?

I usually use about 6-8 desktops at the same time for an each app (not all of them at fullscreen mode though) and I move between them with keyboard shortcuts and it would be perfect if I'd be able to just hit w and move to app on another desktop.

Is it possible to implement?

Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for the feedback!

I'm pretty sure it is not very trivial to do that taking into account internals of this workflow.
It is a useful feature though, I might try to give it another shot.

I think the last time the problem wasn't with Swift, it was in AppleScript that actually switches the windows/tabs (that decision is to avoid adding one more app to the accessibility dialog). I hope I'm getting better at it, but I will appreciate any help!

@mandrigin Thanks for sharing this workflow. It's awesome! I can't believe this is a "little weekend project." This thing is awesome!

Out of curiosity, do see yourself adding multiple-spaces/desktops to it any time soon? I've tried a few window switching apps that are dedicated to this function, and I actually like your workflow's interaction better in many ways. My only problem is that I like to work on several desktops/spaces at a time.

@oldhgf By chance, did you have any luck tinkering with the desktops/spaces issue?

Thanks again for sharing!

@Jasondm007 oh, thank you sir!

It's a bit tricky, I tried addressing it a few times, but the implementation always was hella unstable, so I gave up trying (for now).

I hope, when I have some free time I will get to it, it's the biggest limitation so far.

The messages like yours are very encouraging, thank you for that! :)