[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/igor/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.surrealroad.alfred-note/cache.plist". (-1728)

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: System Events got an error: Can’t get property list file "/Users/igor/Library/Application Support/Alfred 2/Workflow Data/com.surrealroad.alfred-note/cache.plist". (-1728)

It just gets repeated.

• 3 months later...

Downloaded the latest version of the workflow today. Got this message in the Alfred console:

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.action.script] execution error: Notes got an error: Can’t get account 1. Invalid index. (-1719)
[INFO: alfred.workflow.action.script] Processing output 'alfred.workflow.output.notification' with arg ''

Configuration:

Yosemite 10.10.2

• 7 months later...

Just downloaded today, Yosemite 10.10.5, only get this error message:

Starting debug for 'Notes'

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: mkdir: /Users/dustin/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)
[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: mkdir: /Users/dustin/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm running into an issue where notes are being cut off towards the end of the sentence and punctuation randomly disappears. So, for instance, here are my test notes below:

here is a test n

here is another test n

here is a thing

here is something new

here is a test note

here is a test n

another test note

I can't add punctuation (supposed to be a question mark there)

I've turned on the debugging tool and set to show all information, but nothing shows up. What I will say is that my Notes app is linked to Exchange and not iCloud. It doesn't have a problem creating the note, just that it cuts off parts of the note for no apparent reason.

I'm running into an issue where notes are being cut off towards the end of the sentence and punctuation randomly disappears. So, for instance, here are my test notes below:

here is a test n

here is another test n

here is a thing

here is something new

here is a test note

here is a test n

another test note

I can't add punctuation (supposed to be a question mark there)

I've turned on the debugging tool and set to show all information, but nothing shows up. What I will say is that my Notes app is linked to Exchange and not iCloud. It doesn't have a problem creating the note, just that it cuts off parts of the note for no apparent reason.

This indicates that alfred isn't done processing when you press enter. Also I presume you are using the *non*-iCloud version of the workflow?

I wasn't, I was using the "iCloud" version. I can see it takes a bit to fully complete the sentence while typing in Alfred using the "non-iCloud" version. Guess I was typing a little too fast for the workflow to catch up before hitting enter.

Guess that's what I get for not reading the whole post :/ Thanks for the quick reply, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

1. How does the workflow distinguish between note creation and search? It seems like you can't create a new note that remotely resembles an old one since both operations are done with "n [something here"]? I must be missing something?

2. I also can't create new notes in any way. Here is a debug log:

[2016-06-05 13:01:58][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: mkdir: /Users/[myusername]/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)

[2016-06-05 13:01:58][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: mkdir: /Users/[myusername]/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)
  • 2 weeks later...

Search works, but creation does not.

Here is the log from console.

Starting debug for 'Notes (iCloud)'

[2016-06-24 10:35:09][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: mkdir: /Users/Canor/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)
[2016-06-24 10:35:09][ERROR: input.scriptfilter] Code 1: execution error: mkdir: /Users/Canor/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow Data: No such file or directory (1)

The thing is, the name of my drive on Mac mini is 'Canor\ 1' and on macbook, it's 'Canor'. So they have different names and once I sync one with another, it seems the directory path also gets synced which causes at least one of them won't work.

And I can't seem to find where to modify this code… thanks.

Hey Jack,

I updated the workflow but now every time I try add a note I also get notified that there exists an update to the workflow : 

ktPUGmK.png

Pressing on it doesn't seem to change anything and it still stays there. What should I do?

Thank you. 

I have checked and I only have one 'Notes' workflow. I downloaded the new workflow you linked and I still keep getting the prompt to update the workflow. It only happens in your workflow so I don't really know what might be the cause of that.