eric roch

Alfred Remote for iOS Widget

I love the remote feature of Alfred.  I use it to control Spotify, iTunes, and resize windows from my phone.  The only thing that bothers me about it is that I have to unlock my phone and navigate back to the remote app to use it.  This proves problematic, or at least inconvenient, when I am watching a movie and want to play/pause because someone came into the room, but it takes 15-30 seconds to get the app open.

I would love to see a widget in the notification center of iOS that allows users to select remote buttons to display from any screen on their iPhone/iPad.  Ideally, this would be resizable so one could have a single row (such as play/pause, vol+, vol-, mute) or multiple rows to control other things as well.  This would be a swipe and a tap away rather than the current fingerprint (and passcode when it it doesn't work), swipe, tap the folder, tap the app, wait for it to load, tap the button.  I think we can all agree on which option is better...