System/Library/CoreServices

I typed "sec" looking for something and this showed up in results:

SecurityFixer.app

/System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityFixer.app

I didn't specify this folder to be searched. Is it pulling from the Spotlight index or something?

I unchecked everything in default options & removed all folders form scope but it's still there.  Anything from that folder is.

What should I do? I don't want to lose keyword latching history.

--

What you were doing when the issue happened

see post
Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action

yes, see post
Include the Alfred version & build number you are using

Alfred 3.3.1 Build 806
Include your OS X version

Screenshot 2017-03-14 at 8.26.33 PM.png

• 1 year later...

Did it work out for you? I am facing the same issue.

When I search for "t" or "sh", Alfred shows "About this Mac" in /System/Library/CoreServices/About this Mac.app or Screen Sharing in /System/Library/CoreServices/Screen Sharing.app. Search Scope is set to /Applications/ folder only. Why does Alfred still show various CoreServices?

Edited by howdytom
18 hours ago, howdytom said:

Why does Alfred still show various CoreServices?

There are some very important applications in there, along with some very unimportant ones.

I'm pretty sure Alfred hardcodes the important ones because in the typical case, people are going to expect things like Finder.app to be show up in Alfred, but not things like SystemUIServer.app or loginwindow.app.

Remove /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications from Alfred's Features > Default Results > Search Scope, then type 'reload' into Alfred to clear the cache.

Note that if you remove all items from the scope like in the original screenshot, Alfred will default to scope 'all', which will include Core Services. Also, you won't be able to exclude Finder, even though it's in Core Services as this is included regardless.

Cheers,

Andrew

On 11/20/2018 at 10:58 AM, Andrew said:

Remove /System/Library/CoreServices/Applications from Alfred's Features > Default Results > Search Scope, then type 'reload' into Alfred to clear the cache.

@Andrew: Thank you for your reply. Clearing the Application cache resolved my issue. Adding /Applications and /Volumes/Data to my Search Scope works like a charm. Now Screen Sharing Core Service no longer shows up. Perfect!