how to turn off command + r

Alfred doesn’t use that hotkey natively, as far as I remember. It’s probably in one of your Workflows.

Go to the Workflows tab and click the cog in the top left. Pick Show Hotkeys under Display Options so that all hotkeys used by your workflows are shown in the sidebar. You should be able to identify the correct workflow and either remove or change the hotkey.

But that’s only active when the iTunes Mini Player is also active. Otherwise you also wouldn’t be able to use Backspace. It would make no sense for Alfred to save those shortcuts globally.

Why do you think Alfred is the one using ⌘R? What happens when you press that combination?

When I have Alfred running, in my browsers and for Rapidweaver I cannot use command + r to refresh the browser or for RW, toggle between preview and edit. When I quit Alfred the shortcut commands again work in RW and my browsers.

• 3 weeks later...

@sharte For future reference, if you're thinking a workflow may be using a hotkey, you can view all your hotkeys at a glance by going to the Workflows prefs, clicking the cog at the top of the left column, and choosing "Show Hotkeys" :)

You'll then be able to quickly view all hotkeys used by your workflows, even if the hotkey object itself is hidden in the workflow canvas. You can also use Cmd + - (minus symbol) to zoom out on the canvas, allowing you to see more objects in one view.

Cheers,
Vero