Email attachment still uses your system email client (not web)

I was playing around with some of the advanced features of Alfred and noticed that if I type "Email andrew@example.com" and press enter, it loads up my Gmail, and I'm off to the races!

However, if I selected a file (in Alfred) and chose email, it opens my OS X email client "Mail" and attaches it there.

This bug might be a limitation of what you can do with web clients, but I figured I'd report it just the same.

I'm running the latest version (3.3.1) and running OSX 10.11.6

Hope that helps,

Andrew

File_Attached__yukonstruct-vision-stock_jpg_and_No_Mailbox_Selected_and_File_Attached__andrew-profile-2016_jpg_and_Create_New_Topic_-_Alfred_App_Community_Forum.jpg

It is, as you say, a limitation of webmail. 

There is a standard method, supported by almost every email program, for addressing an email. 

To be able to send attachments, however, requires a custom plugin for the particular email program you use. Which in turn requires the program to support that kind of thing in the first place.

@anlek the default supported email clients are listed in Alfred's Features > Contacts > Email preferences.

The email client needs to have AppleScript support for attachment support (the non-attachment email command uses mailto so can support a wider range of default clients using the mailto handler).

[moving to help sub-forum]

• 2 months later...