"Fast append selected text" with a single long press on C

Hi, I've enabled Clipboard->Merging->Fast Append. Apparently I'm not quick enough in releasing the "c" key i.e. I click on cmd, then on "c" but holding it down for "too long". What happens is that the last clipping is duplicated many many times, makes that feature unusable for me.

Is there a way to really activate this feature only when "c" is clicked and released twice (vs. hold down for long time)?

Thanks.

v3.3.1 [806]

Edited by Beery

I had to move it all they way to the left in order for "plain" cmd-C to work properly without triggering cmd-C-C, but this significantly slows me down in using "repeat" everywhere else, so right now I can really use Alfred cmd-C-C.

Moreover, when playing around with the settings e.g. creating multiple lines and see how fast I can get repeated "delete" (<--), I can tell for sure that I'm not that slow in how long I keep "c" down when doing cmd-C. So I think that what I initially experience has more than just using the above keyboard settings.

@Beery It sounds like something else is happening outside of Alfred's control for cmd-c-c to trigger within Alfred. Do you have a non Apple keyboard, or any other apps in the macOS Accessibility preferences (Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility)?

Could you also try cmd+c using the opposite cmd key just in case there is an unexpected hardware issue causing a double trigger?

Cheers,

Andrew

It is reproducible for me when selecting a text and then quickly doing cmd-c-x (copy and then cut the text). And it looks like the clipboard history is being shorten. (so maybe the cut is really working on the clipboard history?)

@Andrew

It is the same behavior when using the opposite cmd. I'm using MacBook Air built-in keyboard. There are quite few things in the macOS Accessibility preferences (Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility).

Edited by Beery