Reveal multiple files in Finder ?

Is there anyway to reveal multiple Finder files in custom workflow ?

I'm working on a script that will find files that matches with query string in the front most Finder window.

If I echo full pathname of a file in script code, and put a "Reveal File in Finder" action in the output, it will work as expected.

But if there are multiple files that matches with query string, I've no idea whether can I reveal multiple files at the same time.

On 31/03/2017 at 11:17 AM, ulyssesric said:

But if there are multiple files that matches with query string, I've no idea whether can I reveal multiple files at the same time.

Alfred's Reveal File action can't do this, it appears.

You'll have to use AppleScript. Finder's reveal command works correctly with multiple files (i.e. tell application "Finder" to reveal severalFiles).

3 hours ago, deanishe said:

Alfred's Reveal File action can't do this, it appears.

You'll have to use AppleScript. Finder's reveal command works correctly with multiple files (i.e. tell application "Finder" to reveal severalFiles).

Understood. Thank you.

@ulyssesric Thanks for filling in your details :)

I'd understood your question as actioning the visible results, which you can set as an action modifier in Alfred's Advanced preferences, but @deanishe is correct that it's not possible to reveal all files in Finder by default, so a workflow will be your best bet.

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 year later...