dan_999

I accidentally put a folder on upper left corner of Alfred... How do I remove it?

So I was messing around with workflow tonight and after I was done, I realized there's a folder icon appeared on the upper left corner of my Alfred search bar (see pic.) It does not appear if I call out Alfred clipboard. Hovering on it will show the name and path of the folder, clicking on it will open the folder in Finder.

I'm not sure how I got it up there and how to remove it. Tried to google but could not find anything about this... Appreciate any help on this issue.

====

Update: I just removed the folder by using "shift" + drag, but still would love to know how I put it up there.

====

Update: Ok, to remove it, it's actually "alt" + click on the icon.

5907f6b1437c8_ScreenShot2017-05-01at11_01_52PM.png.ad8df0db082f6bba6fcfe669f8c6ed4c.png

Edited by dan_999
update

HI,

it seems that you have simply added the folder to Alfred's buffer

the buffer is a place where you temporary add files/folders while browsing, and then you'll be able to perform an action on them all at the same time

here some info about adding files/folders to and using the buffer, and how to remove them

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/file-search/#file-buffer

Giulio

Edited by juliosecco

9 hours ago, juliosecco said:

HI,

it seems that you have simply added the folder to Alfred's buffer

the buffer is a place where you temporary add files/folders while browsing, and then you'll be able to perform an action on them all at the same time

here some info about adding files/folders to and using the buffer, and how to remove them

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/file-search/#file-buffer

Giulio

Thanks for your detailed explanation. It looks like there's a lot more for me to explore in Alfred.