File filter to display only direct child files/folders

I'm using the awesome Open with Atom workflow to quickly open up folders into Atom IDE.

I use a single `~/Code` folder to house all my dev projects and use a file filter on that folder to search for projects I'll want to open with Atom.

Considering I'll only ever want to open up the top level folders in `~/Code`, ideally I'd like the file filter to just return a list of top level folders. At present, searching `ember-` to try and find my Ember Addon projects returns countless records from project node_modules folders.

Is there a nice way of making the default Alfred File Filter's search non-recursive? I.E., it only searches direct child files/folders one level deep?

Edited by willviles

Hello and welcome, @willviles.

When making a request or a bug report pertaining to a specific workflow, please do not open a new thread to discuss your issue.

Making a new thread, while it seems like it’ll give your problem visibility, will only fragment the discussion and make it less likely the author and users of the workflow (the people that can actually help) will see it.

Please read the Reporting Problems with Workflows topic, as it gives a nice overview on how to make a report with a better chance of being addressed.

Edited by vitor
  • vitor locked this topic
  • vitor unlocked this topic
On 06/06/2017 at 2:16 PM, willviles said:

Is there a nice way of making the default Alfred File Filter's search non-recursive?

Nope. Node projects are basically Alfred's kryptonite, due to the lack of a useful blacklisting feature in Alfred and the absolutely insane number of files npm dumps in a non-hidden directory within your project folder (a small Vue.js project I'm working on contains 205 files called readme.md!)

If you want to use Alfred's native search with node projects, your only real option is to add each and every one of your node_modules folders to Spotlight's Privacy pane in System Preferences.

If you use git with your projects, you might find this workflow better than Alfred's built-in search, as it's tuned for working with git repos.

If not, your best bet is to write a simple Script Filter that only returns directories that are immediate children of ~/Code.