"All information" in debugger not showing Script Filter input [Fixed 3.4 b844 pre-release]

deanishe

@deanishe The debugger "All Information" currently shows what's being passed out of objects, so when I connect a keyword to a script filter, I see the output from the keyword being passed to the connected script filter.

Where are you not seeing logging? I'm happy to take a fresh look at the debugger and add more info where useful :)

I was trying to figure out where the trailing whitespace in my Script Filter query was being stripped (Alfred, my library, the CLI-argument-handling library).

I hadn't realised that Alfred only logs output (seeing as Script Filters are about the only element that don't necessarily accept the output of another element).

It would be helpful if Alfred also logged the input to elements that aren't consuming the output of other elements, especially now Alfred has different modes for handling whitespace in input. Not that it's a particular chore to add echo "query='$1'" >&2 manually.

(In this case, I'd failed to fully recompile the program after removing my own trim command.)

Edited by deanishe

@deanishe I've added in a few extra bits of debugger output to the script filter for the next release, so now you see the argument being queued (which can stack up depending on the selected queue mode), and the argument used with relation to the script output (the actual argument used when running the script).

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 11.37.36.png

I've also added a ticket to look at improving the debugger generally, increased info etc.

Cheers,

Andrew

Awesome!

If I had one wish for the debugger, it would be a "show everything but the JSON" option. It's important to be able to see the JSON when you need to, but if that's not what you're interested in, the sheer volume of output from some Script Filters overwhelms the rest.

@deanishe one of my notes in the ticket is for more granular logging levels. I specifically wrote to make the Script Filter JSON/XML output as finest (i.e. least important), as while messing about with the screenshot above, I ended up making the output empty so I could actually see if things were going on :)

• Andrew changed the title to "All information" in debugger not showing Script Filter input [Fixed 3.4 b844 pre-release]