how to change default actions icons?

hi all,

i was wandering if it is possible to change dafault actions icons. not that i hate them, but it would more beautiful without them or with different ones for me
i was looking inside the alfred app if they are somewhere, but i didn't find anything
i also know i can do my workflows with custom icons, but i don't know how to replicate the default ones

it would be awesome if there is some way to simply remove them or block them or something..

thanks

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 23.45.41.png

@c.ca Welcome to the forum! Could you please fill in your Powerpack email address in your forum profile? I can see that you're using File Actions, which is a Powerpack feature. The email address will only be visible to administrators but allows us to confirm your registration. :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 1 year later...

So old topic, but I have the same question essentially and this topic turned up in search. Though I would like to change icons in multiple workflows. They're not very aesthetic icons and I would prefer to make custom icons and replace. However, I assume they're bundled in the file actions workflow, as with other respective icons and can't be replaced?

Though I I hate to compare apps Alfred is more pleasurable to use / more similar to spotlight than Launchbar, but has half the style factor.

37 minutes ago, KernelPan1c said:

Though I would like to change icons in multiple workflows

You can replace the icons in workflows easily enough by opening the appropriate workflow/action and dragging your new icon onto it. Built-in stuff is off limits, however, as far as I know.

Your icons will get overwritten if you update the workflow, though.

6 minutes ago, deanishe said:

You can replace the icons in workflows easily enough by opening the appropriate workflow/action and dragging your new icon onto it. Built-in stuff is off limits, however, as far as I know.

Yeah, seems straightforward enough for third party workflows. 

It seems like some of the built in features are stored in .workflow files inside the Alfred app. Perhaps the icons are buried elsewhere though. If there was an easy enough way to access them it would be pretty easy to script a replacement after updates.

Thanks for the info though. 

2 minutes ago, KernelPan1c said:

Perhaps the icons are buried elsewhere though

As mentioned above, a lot of Alfred's icons are defined in code, rather than being icon files, so I don't think they can be replaced.

Is it possible to replace icon files in an app bundle these days without invalidating the signature?

3 minutes ago, deanishe said:

As mentioned above, a lot of Alfred's icons are defined in code, rather than being icon files, so I don't think they can be replaced.

Is it possible to replace icon files in an app bundle these days without invalidating the signature?

I get what you're saying now, some svg or similar data format. Thanks. May require more digging then but likely not possible. You can still replace files in apps as long as they're not executables.

Edited by KernelPan1c