Workflow Request: Copy Cloud link for Dropbox, GDrive, Box

Greetings, Alfred Community, 

I use several cloud file sync apps like Dropbox, GDrive, Evernote, and Box.com.

Most of these tools add a context menu to my desktop Finder window, allowing me to instantly share a file and copy the share URL to the clipboard. 

I love to use Alfred to FIND all those files quickly on my desktop, but it would be awesome to be able to copy a share URL right from Alfred instead of doing "Show in Finder" and right-clicking the context menu. First world problems, I know, but we're all about speed in here, and this would make many of us extra speedy....

Thanks for reading!
Ted

3 hours ago, Ted Curran said:

Most of these tools add a context menu to my desktop Finder window

Therein lies the problem. Those tools add a Finder integration — it only works in that context. As far as I’m aware, there’s no way to reliably emulate showing the context menu in the way you want (if there is, I’d like to know to improve RightClick). I doubt you can emulate it with AppleScript.

You can still achieve what you want, but not as easily. You’d need a CLI tool for each of those services, configure them, and then use the right option for each.

Thanks for your response, Vitor, 

I guess I should clarify -- I don't want Alfred to actually open the Finder menu on my Mac, but I wanted to be able to invoke the "Copy Share URL" action once I find the file using Alfred's file search. After posting, I found this workflow that does what I want for Dropbox:

And also this one: http://www.packal.org/workflow/copy-dropbox-link

My work uses Box.com, and I was hoping that a similar workflow could be developed for that service. 

copy dropbox link.jpg

Yes, I understood your request. My answer stands.

What that Workflow is doing is the option I suggested:

15 hours ago, vitor said:

You can still achieve what you want, but not as easily. You’d need a CLI tool for each of those services, configure them, and then use the right option for each.

That Workflow is nothing more than a CLI tool for Dropbox adapted to an Alfred Workflow. If you want that capability for other services, you’ll need to find and configure CLI tools for those as well.

In sum, it’s possible but not without some work.