Edit clipboard within MacVim

Couple of suggestions:

• The source code of your workflow isn't in the repo, only the Python script it uses. That makes it hard for people to make pull requests.
  • Why don't you use the /usr/local/bin/mvim -f <filepath> command to open the file? This waits until the user closes the window, so you know when the user has actually finished editing the file.

4 hours ago, deanishe said:

Couple of suggestions:

• The source code of your workflow isn't in the repo, only the Python script it uses. That makes it hard for people to make pull requests.
  • Why don't you use the /usr/local/bin/mvim -f <filepath> command to open the file? This waits until the user closes the window, so you know when the user has actually finished editing the file.

1. I've updated source codes in GitHub

2. 'cos I don't know :ph34r:. I've rewrite the workflow according to your advice.

Thank you!

16 hours ago, deanishe said:

Couple of suggestions:

Found a issue with MacVim 8.0 on macOS Sierra. When I `:wq` to finish editing, MacVim process still exists, and this workflow hang over there until I CMD-Q MacVim itself. So I have to use the following one to make sure MacVim is done, which, of cause will affect other MacVim window (if there is one).

/usr/local/bin/mvim -f $filename && killall MacVim

Is there a better way out?

Thank you in advance!

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 10:12 PM, deanishe said:

Hmm. On my machine, the command returns when I close the window it opened (i.e. I can leave other MacVim windows open and the application running).

I found a setting in MacVim,  'Quit MacVim' after last window closes. Now it works.