Google Past Year search?

I'm surprised I don't see this addressed in the workflow forums or other repositories, but no luck on searches. I'm trying to set up a workflow for a Google search restricted to the past year. I know there is a URL that brings up a search bar with the past year option, but I'd like to get Alfred to do it with the search topic.

I'm trying to set up a workflow for a Google search restricted to the past year only. I know there is a URL that brings up a search bar with the past year option, but I'd like to get Alfred to do it with the search topic .

FYI, the URL is https://www.google.com/webhp?tbs=qdr:y&gws_rd=cr&ei=7t_RWKWGFcOw0gSlsrmwDg

Thanks for the help.

Tony

I kind of wanted to do the same actually. There is this awesome workflow to search websites with autosuggestions, Google included. I use it daily and love and had the same issue with you.

One way you can do it, is to catch the output of one the script filters from Google script filter and then modify the URL with regex to scope the search to past year/most recent. Just at the time I tried it, I found it a bit confusing to work with the code there due to my inexperience. I will try do it again though as I really need it. Will share the modified workflow if I manage it. :) 

Edited by nikivi

I have this set up as a custom search in Alfred, with "gly" (Google Last Year) as the keyword.

The url in your custom search needs to be:

https://www.google.com/#q={query}&tbs=qdr:y&*

Here's a screenshot of the setup pane:

google-last-year.thumb.png.8af970fbb87cf67b6d62450e334286ed.png

Hope that helps!

Bing

Edited by derBingle
  • deanishe changed the title to Google Past Year search?