Search contacts

I have Alfred set to open contacts using BusyContacts which works great but when I view the info n Alfred before opening busy contacts sometimes it displays the phone number formatted (xxx) xxx-xxxx other times all the numbers run together xxxxxxxxxx.  In BusyContacts they are formated correctly (xxx) xxx-xxxx.  Why is this?  How do I fix it?

• 1 month later...

Looking at this Vero states you can format it how you want and it will be displayed that way.  But for me there are numbers that are formatted correctly in Contacts but Alfred does not display them correctly.  I can't figure It out.  It seems Alfred will display some correctly but not others.  Does the fact that I'm using Busy Contacts instead of Apple's contacts app matter?

Contacts.app formats numbers for display. What you see is not necessarily what's actually stored in the database.

Find a contact that's correctly formatted in Contacts.app, but not in Alfred, and edit it in Contacts.app. I think you'll find that what Alfred shows is what you've actually written in the phone number field. 

36 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Contacts.app formats numbers for display. What you see is not necessarily what's actually stored in the database.

Find a contact that's correctly formatted in Contacts.app, but not in Alfred, and edit it in Contacts.app. I think you'll find that what Alfred shows is what you've actually written in the phone number field. 

In fact if you edit the phone number field by removing only one character and reinserting it immediately you will have the phone number correctly formatted in Alfred in the same way as Contacts.app.

• 1 year later...