tullyhansen

(Even more) improvements to Snippets preferences search

Cribbing from my comment here, I'd love for search in Snippets preferences allow for even greater search sophistication, not just the present 'search whole string as entered' behaviour. At present, if I have a snippet with the contents Thanks for writing!, I can find it in Snippets preferences by searching Thanks for but not Thanks writing. I've got a lot of long letter-y bits in my Alfred snippets, and this behaviour (implicit-Boolean-AND-between-terms, rather than the current string-in-inverted-commas verbatim approach) would help me more easily find the particular snippet I'm looking for (often to edit or consult). ❤️

As alternative, you can look into dedicated text expansion programs that already have the features you want.

I use Typinator and it has it's own dedicated quick search functionality where you can search for parts of text and still get results back.

Edited by nikivi

Thanks for the suggestion @nikivi! I'm actually looking to go the other way (moving much of my basic TextExpander content into Alfred, as having snippets integrated into searchable (!) clipboard history is the killer feature for me), so just hoping for an even more comprehensive feature set for managing snippets in Alfred.