brunoc

DEVONthink Browser & File Action

On 6/23/2019 at 2:00 AM, dmccurley said:

New to Alfred. I understand what needs to be changed to access DEVONthink 3, but need some help on where the changed needs to be made.

Second this: I updated the search scope with the new metadata folder, but apparently nothing changed; I guess some of the scripts in the workflow should be updated? For example in the tell block I think know the name of the app is "DNtp"...what do you say @brunoc? 

@brunoc Thanks for sharing this workflow. It's fantastic - and has really improved my experience with DEVONthink! Thanks a ton!!

Quick Question: Is it possible - either with some modifications to the "search groups" portion of the workflow or by creating a new action - to include Global Smart Groups? I use these a ton, and would love to quickly access them in the same manner that your fantastic workflow does for normal groups.

Thanks again!

On 1/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, Jasondm007 said:

@brunoc Thanks for sharing this workflow. It's fantastic - and has really improved my experience with DEVONthink! Thanks a ton!!

Quick Question: Is it possible - either with some modifications to the "search groups" portion of the workflow or by creating a new action - to include Global Smart Groups? I use these a ton, and would love to quickly access them in the same manner that your fantastic workflow does for normal groups.

Thanks again!

Hi @Jasondm007. Thanks for your feedback! Searching Global Smart Groups make perfect sense. I just have to figure a way to prevent this kind of choice in the "Move To..." file action. I'll give it some thought soon... 

On 9/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, nestorito said:

Second this: I updated the search scope with the new metadata folder, but apparently nothing changed; I guess some of the scripts in the workflow should be updated? For example in the tell block I think know the name of the app is "DNtp"...what do you say @brunoc? 

I've updated the scripts in December – it should be working with DT3. Is it working for you guys?

1 hour ago, brunoc said:

Hi @Jasondm007. Thanks for your feedback! Searching Global Smart Groups make perfect sense. I just have to figure a way to prevent this kind of choice in the "Move To..." file action. I'll give it some thought soon... 

Thanks a ton @brunoc!! I really appreciate it.

Thank you @brunoc for creating this workflow, super helpful!

Has anybody tried it across sync'd databases?

I sync my DEVONthink database via a localsync store (and Alfred through a shared folder). 

The DEVONthink browser worked on both initially,  but stopped working on my laptop. I reinstalled with no effect.

Would you have recommendations on how to troubleshoot? 

Thanks!

Giovanni

Hi @giovanni. It should definitely work with sync'ed databases + Alfred preferences on a shared folder. I do exactly that with Dropbox in both a laptop and an iMac.

Did you try forcing the cache update with dtp:refresh? Do you get any errors in debug mode (image.png.cd2e38ad629037968a16971aef007886.png) ? 

1) yes

2) this is what I get when I try 'dtp test' (no groups are shown in Alfred)

[16:31:23.506] Logging Started...

[16:31:26.957] DEVONthink Browser[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'

[16:31:27.068] DEVONthink Browser[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

Thanks!
Giovanni

@giovanni in addition, if you've ever duplicated the workflow, make sure it as a proper "Bundle id" (right click the workflow name on the list -> Edit details). It should be "br.com.brunoc.dtpbrowser" or anything else unique. Alfred 4 goes crazy without a warning if there's no bundle id attributed to the workflow.

thanks @brunoc, yes I had duplicated it in the past, but left a single copy after reinstalling.

I found a difference between laptop and desktop: if I force cache refresh in debug mode, I get this, on laptop only:

[07:57:40.673] DEVONthink Browser[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'

[07:57:40.784] DEVONthink Browser[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[07:57:42.174] DEVONthink Browser[Keyword] Processing complete

[07:57:42.175] DEVONthink Browser[Keyword] Passing output '' to Run Script

[07:57:42.337] STDERR: DEVONthink Browser[Run Script] ./dtp-list-groups.applescript:348:353: script error: Expected class name but found identifier. (-2741)

[07:57:42.345] DEVONthink Browser[Run Script] Processing complete

[07:57:42.346] DEVONthink Browser[Run Script] Passing output '' to Post Notification

does this help?

Thanks again

Giovanni

Quick update: this is now working on both computers. I have no idea what changed, I am happy to help troubleshoot if I can.

Thanks again for getting back to me!

Giovanni