Yosinto

Ignore space between first name and last name in Contacts Search

Hello,

Space is normal in European languages names. However, in Chinese Japanese and Korean languages, there is no space between first name and last name. When I search “张无忌” in Alfred, which is the standard full name format, I can't get any result. I have to add a space between first name and last name, to search "张 无忌" so that I can have the right contact.

So I suggest to add an option to "Ignore space between first name and last name" in Contacts Search, just as "Show last name before first name" option.

screenshot.png

If you search in Spotlight, does it work as you expect?

If, yes, go to Alfred Preferences → Features → Contacts → Advanced and tick Use Spotlight metadata for searching contacts. Explanation:

Thanks vitor. Use Spotlight metadata for searching contacts does solve the problem, but another problem comes: two same contacts are shown in the result list — though two results share the same subtext ("View Contact in Alfred"), they are different in fact: one to view contact in Alfred and another to open Contacts.app. That's confusing.

屏幕快照 2017-08-28 上午10.41.06.png

@Yosinto there may be some defunct metadata somewhere which is why duplicates are being shown. If you right arrow to bring up the actions panel for the contacts and reveal them in finder, you can see where they originate from.

Anything outside of ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook is probably defunct, but there could also be stale data within this folder.

Cheers,

Andrew