Keywords not working on both custom web searches and custom or default workflows

Hi all! Mega supporter since the beginnings and first time trouble :)

Since a fresh 10.12.6 install, Alfred 3.4.1 doesn't seem to recognize anymore:

- my custom web searches' keywords. Those web searches are simple and straightforward, have worked fine for ever, not been changed and! Still work with the 'test' button in edit mode. But typing a keyword in Alfred treats it like a random input (see example screenshot). The web searches are enabled.

- any workflow keyword. Be it default, custom or freshly imported 3rd party (see example screenshot). The workflows are activated.

Thank you very much for your time and help!

Best,

Alexis

Web Search.jpg

Workflow.jpg

Hi @Alexis and welcome to the forum :)

Could you please try restarting your Mac as a first step?

I can see you've got the Dropbox installer on your desktop - Have you just installed Dropbox?

When setting up syncing on a second Mac (or on a new Mac where you intend to use previously set up and synced prefs), it's essential that you give Dropbox sufficient time to finish downloading everything from your Dropbox online data before setting your Alfred sync folder.

Otherwise, if there are no existing Alfred preferences, a new set of preferences will be created, potentially creating a sync conflict in Dropbox.

If the issue is the latter, your best bet will be to look at an older Time Machine backup to recover your preferences.

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Vero,

Thank you for your response and suggestions!

My Mac is shutdown on a daily basis without a change in Alfred behavior (my clean install actually goes back a few weeks - I just didn't have the time to address the problem).

Regarding Dropbox, what you see is not the installer but my Dropbox volume which is mounted at startup with CloudMounter. My sync folder is indeed located on this volume. This is my only Mac so no conflict there - and the preferences certainly appear synced, my pre-clean install custom web searches all being there - images and all - and working fine via the test button (= I can access and edit them). It's really just the keywords that don't work anymore for some reason.

Furthermore, the default Alfred workflows' keywords are not recognized either, nor new workflows' specifically imported to investigate the matter.

On the other hand, default Alfred web searches work just fine.

Please let me know if there's anything I can test further!

Best,

Alexis

@Alexis Could you please try setting your sync folder to somewhere local (E.g. your Desktop or Documents folder) and see whether your preferences and Alfred behave normally?  In other words, if you launch the preferences, what you see in the prefs should match what you see in Alfred itself in terms of keywords, hotkeys, etc.

It's likely that CloudMounter isn't suitable for storing your preferences.

Cheers,
Vero

I agree that CloudMonter was the likely culprit.

Trying to set the sync folder to my Documents folder rendered Alfred unresponsive (it would hang and I couldn't access the preferences), so I just uninstalled it with AppCleaner.

Started fresh with my sync folder in Documents, manually re-entered my custom searches and all is good!

Thanks again for your time and help,

Best,

Alexis