Alfred Small Workflows

Small Workflows

I wanted to share some of my small workflows that I use. They can be as simple as few file filters searching for things but that I still use very often. So why not share them. :)

I put everything into one repository taking inspiration from @vitor

You can take a look at the workflows in the repository here. Each workflow has a description followed by its download.

Edited by nikivi

One thing I do wish I can ask @vitor. Is can you please share the scripts you use to painlessly manage this thing?

I see that in OneUpdater you expand to read the remote file based on the expanded workflow's name variable and for that I would need to rename my workflows to 'one word'. If I can get around that somehow and still able to use the workflow expansion trick, it would be pretty awesome.

Also, can you please explain what your process for creating and publishing your workflows to your one mono repo looks like? For me, the only thing I need is a script to perhaps symlink my workflow directory to my mono repo so info.plist and things + source code transfer well.

Thank you for any help on this.

4 hours ago, nikivi said:

and for that I would need to rename my workflows to 'one word'.

There’s no such requirement. OneUpdater would be pretty close to useless if that were a necessity. It doesn’t care what you name your Workflows. It also doesn’t care if a user renames them, as it’ll still work. The reason renaming broke on your setup is that instead of hardcoding the Workflow details, specifically in my Workflows I make that info dynamic, by taking advantage of Alfred’s automated variables. For that to work, I also need to keep an organised repo, which I do.

Doing it this way instead of hardcoding paths — which, again, is not only perfectly feasible but the intended way — means I can have a single OneUpdater node that I just copy from Workflow to Workflow without needing to change any details. So technically I’m not even using OneUpdater as designed, and instead taking advantage of that unrelated Alfred ability. With over 40 shared Workflows, that really helps on preventing mistakes.

5 hours ago, nikivi said:

can you please explain what your process for creating and publishing your workflows to your one mono repo looks like?

I do the creation manually. I never bothered with automating creation, just updating. With just over 40 Workflows and well over 700 commits, it’s pretty clear updating is over an order of magnitude more important.

5 hours ago, nikivi said:

Is can you please share the scripts you use to painlessly manage this thing?

Multiple times I though I already had, but it appears I haven’t. Looking at it, I might remember why: they’re somewhat complex, and it’d take a while to share them and explain what they’re doing, for something that is pretty tailored for my particular usage and setup. I don’t think the ratio of complexity to general usefulness would be worth it. Not in text form.

• 2 months later...